PDA

View Full Version : Mall customer backed into my shops door did $500 damage

Galdorf
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Wow you really have to wonder where people get their drivers license from these days?.
I had to call the police to file a traffic incident report for insurance purposes some old guy getting a hair cut backed up over the curb and hit my shop door bending the frame.

Good thing a customer was not leaving at that time they would have been hit.

Xander
09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I assume the fellow's car insurance should be paying it, right? Are you part of the plaza (where the owner would file), or does it fall on you to file?

Do they even issue drivers licenses that far north? :)

Galdorf
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I assume the fellow's car insurance should be paying it, right? Are you part of the plaza (where the owner would file), or does it fall on you to file?

Do they even issue drivers licenses that far north? :)

Car insurance would be paying for it door is the renters responsibility as well as windows it is in the lease.

I am one of seven businesses in the strip mall.

Xander
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
At least it'll be a no-fault claim for you. Did he mistake you for a Farmer's Market?

colonydata
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Car insurance would be paying for it door is the renters responsibility as well as windows it is in the lease.

I am one of seven businesses in the strip mall.

i'd contact your insurance agent,the bit in your contract just means that your responsible for seeing that it is repaired or the damage is paid for. most auto policies have a property damage section in them, that should pay for the damages. Of course you have to hope that they actually have insurance, and that its not from some cut rate place. and if all else fails you can probably file suit and get a order of payment against the driver.

Cybjun
09-14-2011, 09:22 PM
At least it'll be a no-fault claim for you. Did he mistake you for a Farmer's Market?

Or thought you had a drive thru

Galdorf
09-14-2011, 10:43 PM
i'd contact your insurance agent,the bit in your contract just means that your responsible for seeing that it is repaired or the damage is paid for. most auto policies have a property damage section in them, that should pay for the damages. Of course you have to hope that they actually have insurance, and that its not from some cut rate place. and if all else fails you can probably file suit and get a order of payment against the driver.

Was already checked by the cop both license and registration/insurance.
In Canada if they don't pay you can place a lean on his vehicle or property but with no fault insurance won't have much to worry about.