PDA

View Full Version : How much do you charge for a backup? image?

Encrypted Existence
09-12-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but I could not find a thread using the search function. I would like to know what you guys charge to backup a customers data. I would also like to know how much you charge your customers to image their machines(or do you just use the image as a fail safe?) I am in Maryland so any techs on the east coast...your input would be especially appreciated! (not that I won't appreciate ALL input!) By the way I have tried to search to find out how much competition in my area charges but I had no luck finding sites that actually listed prices on their site. Also, how much do you charge for data recovery(I use r-studio). I know prices/rates differ between regions/towns/cities...etc. I would still like to know what you charge:confused:. Thank you.

gunslinger
09-12-2011, 11:58 AM
For me it depends if I'm on site or they bring it to the shop. On site its $35 per hour no matter what I'm doing. At the shop I charge nothing for an image because its part of what I do anyway, a fail safe as you say. As for data backup such as email, pics, docs, videos ect. Most of the time its a flat $20 to back up, virus scan and return to the system.