PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Canon printers suck

Vicenarian
09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Ok, just did a new printer setup. I forget the model number, but it's one of those high-end canon multifunction machines. The stupid thing takes about 6 minutes to do a 'print-head cleaning' when you first put the new cartirdges, then it takes another 5 minutes to do a 'head alignment'. Not only that, but they make you use 'special' paper to do the alignment.

The printer has a terrible design for feeding paper, and the driver install takes like 6 minutes per computer as well!

:eek:

MrUnknown
09-06-2011, 09:41 PM
You just described just about any printer out there.

Three Dog Net
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok, just did a new printer setup. I forget the model number, but it's one of those high-end HP multifunction machines. The stupid thing takes about 10 minutes to do a 'print-head cleaning' when you first put the new cartirdges, then it takes another 8 minutes to do a 'head alignment'. Not only that, but they make you use 'special' paper to do the alignment.

The printer has a terrible design for feeding paper, and the driver install takes like 30 minutes or more per computer as well!

:eek:

*fixed.

We like Canon printers here. Ink is cheap and installs easier than an HP.

livpie
09-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I also have started to like Canon more because they continue to provide technical support after the warranty has expired.
The other manufacturers used to do that but most have stopped. I agree that it is annoying how they bundle drivers into one "convenient" package, but at least Canon still is willing to support their printers for the duration.

johnrobert
09-07-2011, 01:29 AM
I find Canon quite good HP the worst 350 mb files

Techlogon
09-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Personally haven't had problems with Canon install and software. Worst install issues I've come across have been Kodak and worst driver download is HP.

Omitting most of the optional bundled programs cuts down most install times to 5 minutes - nobody really needs third rate graphics editors and fancy interfaces for overpriced ink shops...