PDA

View Full Version : Unattended AIO software install

Rafael
09-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi all,
i have made a command line utility program that will install the following software:
cdburnerxp
firefox 6
flash for ie and ff
ie 9 for vista/7 and ie8 for xp
openoffice 3.3
adobe reader 10.1
vlc player

Im selling the code for $10, im accepting paypal. This is better then those free utilities out there that download the apps for each install. You save bandwidth and time by using my command line utility script since it looks for the installers in the directories given.

ijunkie
09-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Since you're selling this, shouldn't this be in the for sale forum?

Hi all,
i have made a command line utility program that will install the following software:
cdburnerxp
firefox 5
flash for ie and ff
ie 9 for vista/7 and ie8 for xp
openoffice 3.3
adobe reader 10.1
vlc player

Im selling the code for $10, im accepting paypal. This is better then those free utilities out there that download the apps for each install. You save bandwidth and time by using my command line utility script since it looks for the installers in the directories given.

Xander
09-03-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm not seeing much here that Ninite or even FreeNew's installer's won't do.

And you're not really looking to install an out-of-date version of Firefox, are you?

Rafael
09-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not seeing much here that Ninite or even FreeNew's installer's won't do.

And you're not really looking to install an out-of-date version of Firefox, are you?

sorry i did a typo, meant to say firefox 6. Those installers download the apps each time the installer runs, with this you can burn onto a disc/usb and not have to download apps.

Rafael
09-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Since you're selling this, shouldn't this be in the for sale forum?

The server does not allow me to post in that section.

topshelfpc
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
How is your software better than a simple dos batch file?

iisjman07
09-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Is this allowed on these forums?

MobileTechie
09-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I can't see many takers to be honest.

Saving bandwidth? Who is bothered by that anymore?

What about people, myself included, who don't want that particular set of apps or who want to choose different sets for different clients?

Plus it's not terribly hard to write a script to install apps if this is something one needs. Most (all?) of those apps have silent install options anyway.

Rafael
09-06-2011, 02:08 AM
I can't see many takers to be honest.

Saving bandwidth? Who is bothered by that anymore?

What about people, myself included, who don't want that particular set of apps or who want to choose different sets for different clients?

Plus it's not terribly hard to write a script to install apps if this is something one needs. Most (all?) of those apps have silent install options anyway.

Take the amount of time in to download all of that software (around 300mb). If its not terribly hard then why dont you release a silent install script to the forum. Im a student that is in need of money and i have thought of selling this script to gain some money to help lower my fee.

Rafael
09-06-2011, 02:09 AM
How is your software better than a simple dos batch file?

it is a simple dos batch file, i didnt say it wasnt.

eric76
09-06-2011, 02:31 AM
I really doubt that anyone is going to pay you ten dollars for your script. But - I think it would a nice gesture to release it to the forum. If it's a good piece of work then you might build some cred with the Technibble community. Just a thought.