PDA

View Full Version : iMac A1195 wont boot

quinnlaup
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey guys got an iMac model no. A1195 in that will not boot when powered on there is no screen output and i dont even hear the chime. The only thing that i get is a white light on the bottom right corner of the iMac just below the screen panel. I would really appreciate any help.

kind regards

quinnlaup

quinnlaup
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
update

just reseated the RAM booting normally now is there anything else i need to check??

kind regards

quinnlaup

anonymous Mac Tech
08-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Just like the same symptoms on a PC. Try removing one RAM chip at a time or if only one chip is installed, then try known good RAM.

quinnlaup
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for your quick response anonymous mactech the iMac is booting normally now with both sticks of RAM inserted. Is there a utility that you could recommend to test the RAM?

kind regards

quinnlaup

anonymous Mac Tech
08-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Not something I normally use since I have access to the Apple Service diagnostics, but you should be able to run Memtest86+.

quinnlaup
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Just found this suite and was wondering if anyone has used it http://www.micromat.com/techtool-pro-6-learn-more-details its only $99 . Anonymous mactech thanks again for your help will download that version of memtest asap

kind regards

quinnlaup

Benchtech
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Doesn't this model have diagnostic LED's right smack dab in the center of the board?

lol

08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Doesn't this model have diagnostic LED's right smack dab in the center of the board?

lol

No. That'd be the G5 models before it.

As far as TechTool, I use it...it was worth $99....but it sometimes doesn't work well. For instance, sometimes rather than fail a hard drive, it will just stop the test without giving you a result... That's likely just a bug in the version I have, but otherwise it's fine.

quinnlaup
08-18-2011, 11:15 PM
As far as TechTool, I use it...it was worth $99....but it sometimes doesn't work well. For instance, sometimes rather than fail a hard drive, it will just stop the test without giving you a result... That's likely just a bug in the version I have, but otherwise it's fine.

Thanks for the info i think we will invest in it

kind regards

quinnlaup