PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

XT18
08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey all I was wondering if the computer and networking technicians in Canada get drug tested like they do in USA upon employment? i got 3 days left and i dont know if i should flush my system from the THC. I dont know my self as I never heard any of my friends getting drug tested.

Simmy
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
You're unlikely to get rid of it in 3 days, especially if you're a regular user. Wasn't aware companies did this though :\

One suggestions about your site, if I may :) Resize the images on the About Us page - They're not massive (50-100kb) but the resolution is much larger than it needs to be.

NYJimbo
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, I hope the OP is just a troll. Why would you ask about drugs and THC and then post your website link ?.

Amazing....

XT18
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow, I hope the OP is just a troll. Why would you ask about drugs and THC and then post your website link ?.

Amazing....

Ha troll? please the link is to my home buisness which is closing as im picking up an interview next week at a bigger computer company..And whats wrong with smoking some weed up from time to time? im just asking if they do it in canada too for computer/networking techs instore/on site.

NYJimbo
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Ha troll? please the link is to my home buisness which is closing as im picking up an interview next week at a bigger computer company..And whats wrong with smoking some weed up from time to time? im just asking if they do it in canada too for computer/networking techs instore/on site.

I'm not judging you for your use of drugs. I am questioning why you would "out" yourself as a drug user on a forum read by many techs. Remember, everything gets indexed on the net. If a spider/bot sucks in this thread and someone looks up your previous place of employment and it includes the link to your site and this thread, guess what.

Hey it's your life. Just offering a little constructive criticism.

XT18
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not judging you for your use of drugs. I am questioning why you would "out" yourself as a drug user on a forum read by many techs. Remember, everything gets indexed on the net.
ok since im a "drug" user i should be afraid...Well maybe in usa but not as much in canada as tons of people smoke pot here(its not like i smoke daily anyway or when i work). Also im trying to make an understanding of the Canadian Human Rights Commission Policy
on Alcohol and Drug Testing and it looks like i wont be tested but if someone could confirm that too for me would be great.

EDIT:
This thread can be closed or deleted i got my answer :) (they dont test in canada for these kind of jobs only sometimes in usa)