PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak help.

Jura
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
I can't seem to be able to speak. I bought a microphone, I hear myself in the speakers, I can hear other people through the program called Teamspeak, but I just can't hear myself when record myself or try to speak through the program. I don't know where to start. Codecs? I don't know. ;_;

Bryce W
07-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I have to ask the obvious, but do other people here you when you talk? It is very possible that it is designed for you not to hear yourself. If you were using desktop speakers and a microphone, you would get feedback when you talked so they may have filtered you hearing yourself out.

Jura
07-14-2006, 08:16 PM
So far I've only gotten them to hear noise. They cannot hear my voice at all.

I heard codecs aren't the problem, since it comes with them.

Bryce W
07-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Does your Teamspeak light activate when you try to speak?

Have you tried a Local test in teamspeak? If not, Goto: Settings, Sound settings and set TeamSpeak to Activate Local Test.

When you say you can hear yourself in the speakers, you mean that you can hear yourself where your voice goes though the microphone and out the speakers? If that is the case there isnt an issue with the microphone itself

Jura
07-15-2006, 04:37 AM
1.) No, dosen't turn on unless I have it set to where I have to press a key.

2.) Did that, nothing happens.

3.) Oh, great...

Bryce W
07-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Give this walkthrough a shot:
http://teamspeak.buddha.eu.com/indexeng.htm

Jura
07-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I messed with the options. It's hard because the stuff in that tut isn't much at all what it shows on my computer. Either that or it's the microphone...any good brands or such?

Stealth
07-26-2006, 11:13 PM
With microphones, anything that has a 3.5mm jack is "a good brand" - nobody ever pays attention to buying anything except a "drinking straw" microphone. Or a headset, in which case you might want to buy either a Canyon headset (if you want a relatively cheap, yet very good headset - the HS-3 stands out), or if you've got money to burn, there's always the Sennheiser series.

Laharl ex, PM me and we'll decide on a common time when I'll start a TS server and let you join in so we can diagnose the problem on-site.

Jura
07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
For some reason it's working.:confused: