PDA

View Full Version : does anybody use intel Vpro to do remote support?

gabak
07-23-2011, 04:36 AM
hi i went to a seminar and they show how to provide remote support to the customers via internet.
what kind of software do i need to help ppl and do an inventory,etc?

thank you so much in advance guys

ATTech
07-23-2011, 03:44 PM
vPro isn't that widespread, so the amount of customers you would find would be very limited. I haven't checked in a while, but I'm fairly certain you can't access it over the internet, you would need a local connection.

FoolishTech
07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
vPro isn't that widespread, so the amount of customers you would find would be very limited. I haven't checked in a while, but I'm fairly certain you can't access it over the internet, you would need a local connection.

I don't recall about that...

But I used to use it in remote support - a company I worked for explicitly sold workstations with vpro and we preconfigured it. Though our method of control was via Level Platforms, which if you aren't familiar is a proactive monitoring platform so there's a local server component we communicate with via internet, which then locally utilizes the vpro on the workstations.

Largest problem was we still had the majority of our clients using systems incapable of vpro.

Also, it was a pain to setup for the benefit; because at the time the only useful functionality of it was to remotely power on or power cycle a workstation. I guess it might do a bit more now...