PDA

View Full Version : new version of Itunes

jj2000
07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
has anyone else noticed that Apple are up to their old tricks again,the new itunes is installing "Mobile me" on your computer.:(:(

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/mobileme_sneaks_onto_windows_computers.php

now i have to agree with the article in that if M$ did this then all sorts of outrage would be posted all over the web.

Blues
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I stopped updating my iTunes becuase of DRM ripping hacks often didn't work with newer versions. I then stopped with the bundling of Quick Time which isn't bad since it is useful and I think is required if you use any video, Apple Trailers is good, so I can forgive it now. But safari was a problem but I know I can opt out of it this doesn't seem to have that so yeah I will toss my hat into the ring in support of people angry at apple.

focuz
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
WHAT!!! People angry with Apple. No that can't be right Apple is suppose to satisfy everyone.

I myself don't care what people say, this goes to show apple or microsoft their both the same, its all on personal preferance. Me being a tech just gets stuck using both of them so that I can support all make.

rsavoia
08-02-2008, 04:35 AM
I stopped updating iTunes months ago after it also installed an update for QuickTime that broke iTunes. I had to uninstall and reinstall QuickTime and iTunes. I haven't updated it since.

gunslinger
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
After having been with Microsoft sense Windows 95. Vista was the last straw for me. I now have a Macbook and could not be more happy with it.

As for MobileMe being bundled with iTunes , I don't see what the big deal is. They also bundled itunes with Safari for a while. The difference between Microsoft and apple is: when people complained about it, Apple stopped doing it. Microsoft would have basically said screw you, we are Microsoft and we do what we think is best for you if you like it or not.

Don't believe me? Just look at Vista.

NWPhotog
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
WHAT!!! People angry with Apple. No that can't be right Apple is suppose to satisfy everyone.

I myself don't care what people say, this goes to show apple or microsoft their both the same, its all on personal preferance. Me being a tech just gets stuck using both of them so that I can support all make.

He he! ......... :D

lawson_jl
08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm not going to bash Apple just for being Apple but I am going to bash them for bundling software with iTunes and not giving you the option of not installing it when you install iTunes. I have an iPod and use iTunes though I don't get any of my music from Apple. I get mp3's elsewhere and import them into iTunes. Not only are they cheaper but they don't have DRM. After the most recent install of iTunes I had to unistall Mobile Me, Bonjour, The Apple Software Updater and some other hardware support thing that's just for the iPhone. And why do I not have the option not to install any of this extra crap that I don't need. Something else I've always wondered is why do I need the Apple Software Software Updater if iTunes has a very aggressive updater built in already?

Blues
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Well iTunes now uses the Apple Software Updater which I think is mostly due to the linking between Quicktime and iTunes. I have noticed this bonjour for a while never have looked into what it is just knew it came from iTunes. I think one of my first version of iTunes had that so what the hell is it?

ootuoyetahi
08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
iTunes is terrible, period.