PDA

View Full Version : lexmark all in one printer

jj2000
07-26-2008, 03:59 PM
hi guys,just got back from a customers house with a problem i cannot seem to fix,they have a Lexmark X1250 all n one printer which refuses to print in Black,i have refilled the cartridge,i have also tried a new cart but to no avail i have reinstalled the drivers and this has not helped either,so the question is have any of you come across this problem before and if so is there a solution other than throwing the damn thing thru the window and buying a new printer.

Jory
07-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Have you tried printing off a test page and going through that the process of giving it all the numbers to give it the correct colors?

jj2000
07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
yes tried that but there is no black on the test pages,i am thinking that this is a mechanical fault rather than software as it prints from the colour cart just fine.

jj2000
07-27-2008, 10:07 AM
The problem is now solved turned out to be a combination of two things the first one being that there is a ribbon cable which attachs to the print head which had come loose inside the printer, the second and slightly more embarassing problem was that there was a patch of dried ink on the contact for the print head which when i cleaned yesterday i could not have removed it all,because i have cleaned again this morning with the printer apart and it is now printing like a new machine.Now onto the fun part I.E. figuring out how to charge for this job for the time it has taken to fix it at my normal rates they could have bought 2 or 3 of the damn things so i think its time to bite the bullet and soak up the cost of this one.:(:( .