PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Supplies

Jambet
07-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I am looking or the best price on computer cleaning supplies. I do home repair services, and I want to minimise my expense cost, thus maximizing my profits. For Example:

A Can of Compressed Air @ Walmart cost $5.00 + tax - But the best price on the internet I have found is a little over $3.00 plus shipping and handling, which basically means Iam still paying close to $5.00 for each can.

I don't care to buy a case or two at o time to get a bulk rate and a better price over all.

I still would like to know about other Cleaning Supplies as well, the above is only an example of what I am looking for.

07-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I've never been a big supporter of the cans of air. If you're going to be cleaning a lot of systems, get yourself a nice little air compressor for about $50 or so and just make sure it has a moisture trap on the hose. It'll save so much money in the long run.

gunslinger
07-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Any brands you would recommend?

ootuoyetahi
07-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I'd like to see what people recommend for this as well.

Jambet
07-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Any brands you would recommend?

To me air is air. I am just looking for the best price and portability.

JohnG
07-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Check with local medical facilities...they use small compressors that are compact, light weight, and pretty quiet, and best of all for free. They usually trash them when they upgrade their equipment. I've picked up a couple...one I keep at home and the other for my travels. These are the same compressors that air brush artists use for portability.

gunslinger
07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks JohnG, I'll check it out.

electrohermit
09-10-2008, 08:29 PM
You can get a 3 can memorex brand pack of 10oz cans for 9.99 at Target. Otherwise watch ebay. Sometimes there are some great deals on cases of the stuff.

Skyhooker
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM
If you're a Costco member, go there for Dust-off compressed air cans - I just picked up 6 cans, 12 oz. each, for about $18. I may look into a compressor eventually.

Also, I plan to pick up one of these as well:

Shop Vac Hang Up Mini (http://www.shopvac.com/vacs/detail.asp?ID=7&HdnSource=overview&StoreID=)

I saw them at Target for about $25.

abe
09-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi guys

Just wondering would a vacuum cleaner (hoover for you brits) on a low speed damage the computer.

Jory
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
People say that vacuums build up static charges and are not suitable for use on computers. Whether it's true I don't really know, but I wouldn't risk it.

Skyhooker
09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I mainly use it in conjunction with compressed air - blow in through one end, vacuum out through the other - as with power supplies, heat sinks, and such. Also, for cleaning grilles and air inlets of the worst of the dust bunnies. I don't bring it in contact with any of the electronics, use a grounding strap, and have never had a problem. I'd love to hear from the experts, though - I sure don't wanna zorch out a client's computer!

NWPhotog
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Check with local medical facilities...they use small compressors that are compact, light weight, and pretty quiet, and best of all for free. They usually trash them when they upgrade their equipment. I've picked up a couple...one I keep at home and the other for my travels. These are the same compressors that air brush artists use for portability.

I have one of these I use that I bought used. Nice idea about picking one up for free.

NWPhotog
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I've never been a big supporter of the cans of air. If you're going to be cleaning a lot of systems, get yourself a nice little air compressor for about $50 or so and just make sure it has a moisture trap on the hose. It'll save so much money in the long run.

My take as well.