PDA

View Full Version : SubmitEdge

vitalgeek
07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Has anyone used them for link building?

I'm not going to link to them here, but it's submitedge(dot)com.

If so, what was your experience? Didn't find anything on here under search...

MikeLierman
07-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understand is that any link-building sites, actually hurt your SEO, because Google frowns upon stuff like that. Now again, I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but I have read Google's terms and conditions and that was one of the big no-nos.

16k_zx81
07-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understand is that any link-building sites, actually hurt your SEO, because Google frowns upon stuff like that. Now again, I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but I have read Google's terms and conditions and that was one of the big no-nos.

No, Google doesn't like linkbuilding.

Yes, linkbuilding can negatively affect your SERP (sandboxed sites are excluded from G's search results pages as a penalty). This is a significant risk and can mean 'death' for a business website. A real concern for us as business-owners, and something to take seriously.

However, it is difficult to get sandboxed (you would need to use a very poor linkbuilding service to get 'boxed) - ie having 20'000 links built to your site in the space of 24 hours might set off an alert (Im being facetious, but you can see the principle which is self-evident). Think about it.

The fact of the matter is, that linkbuilding is the method all businesses use who want a significant SERP for specific keywords which they do not automatically merit organic rank for. Whether you like it or not, its here to stay and is the way online business is done.