PDA

View Full Version : How about a Jobs forum?

RAPIDsector
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Hello I'm fairly new to TechNibble so please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I searched briefly and couldn't find anything on the topic. What about TechNibble having a Jobs forum or section? I'm currently getting ready to open my own shop and TechNibble is exactly the kind of place I'd love to find employees. I think it could be done in 2 ways, either as another forum or has a page on the site. I'd pay a small fee for it to be posted on TechNibble. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one. Any thoughts on this?

ATTech
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
There wouldn't be enough interest to warrant having a forum category dedicated to it. Besides, there are probably going to be a handful of people in your area, and most will be owners themselves. You're better off posting to the local classified.

iisjman07
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Most people on Technibble own their own computer repair shops or work in the computer repair industry, so I don't think a jobs forum would be very successful

Xander
07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Also factor in the global nature of the forum. If I'm near Niagara Falls, there's not much benefit in having a job posted in Buenos Aires.

Bryce W
07-20-2011, 10:34 AM
As others have said, most of us here are business owners and we are very global, so I dont think it would work.

Paul Rodgers
07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
A different spin on this would be a private forum for subcontracting.

Although techs eyes only may fill that.