PDA

View Full Version : Flyer help

MrMille
07-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't gotten a call in a week, so I would like to push some flyers.

I'm going to use a cheap local printer, and have the guys/girls on digital point forums run a competition.

The thing is, I don't know what to put on the flyer.

I was thinking of listing what I do, e.g.
Networking
Data Recovery
Spyway & Virus Solutions
General Diagnostics
Custom Systems

but after that, well to honest, I'm drawing a blank.

I search through the site to have a look at others, in particular Simmy's, but the links to them are gone/removed :(

Any suggestions as to what should gone on my flyers please help!

Andyuk2007
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
I tried leaflets but found them to be a total waste of time and money others on the forums have said the same, some have got a couple of calls from sending out around 3,000 flyers but personally i wouldnt bother with them.

Simmy
07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Here is a copy of my leaflet - I didn't realise I had removed it. Feel free to use what you want from it :)

I have to agree with Andy though, leaflets don't appear to work for me. I delivered 700 of those leaflets and got a couple of responses. The good thing is, if you're having a quiet period then you can hand deliver them for free.

Azz
07-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I have hand delivered around 3,000 leaflets and had 2,000 delivered for me.

I have had one response so far, which isn't great, but the one call has got me about 6 extra customers through recommendations.

Aaron

Simmy
07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Lo Aaron, My home town in Solihull :) How is the PC work around there?

Azz
07-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Lo Aaron, My home town in Solihull :) How is the PC work around there?

Hi,

Its not too bad considering the amount of competition around here. I am still failry new only being in business for 9 months.

Aaron

MrMille
07-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I have hand delivered around 3,000 leaflets and had 2,000 delivered for me.

I have had one response so far, which isn't great, but the one call has got me about 6 extra customers through recommendations.

Aaron

Hi Azz, could you post up a pic of your flyer like Simmy did?

Andyuk2007
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I like simmy's leaflet its very well made, if it came through my door i would certainly recommend him because his leaflet shows professionalism. Its got me thinking weather or not to have a leaflet professionally done to see if it will bring some work in.

*undecided*

ootuoyetahi
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't gotten a call in a week, so I would like to push some flyers.

I'm going to use a cheap local printer, and have the guys/girls on digital point forums run a competition.

The thing is, I don't know what to put on the flyer.

I was thinking of listing what I do, e.g.
Networking
Data Recovery
Spyway & Virus Solutions
General Diagnostics
Custom Systems

but after that, well to honest, I'm drawing a blank.

I search through the site to have a look at others, in particular Simmy's, but the links to them are gone/removed :(

Any suggestions as to what should gone on my flyers please help!

I know most people havent found success with this method but I have.

Our flyer was basically this:

Slow computer? Infected with viruses?
We provide rapid on-site support for optimal response to any situation and will have your PC running fast again in no time!
Call Spark Computers Today!
Computer Repair
Laptop Repair
Wireless Networking
Virus & Spyware Removal
Remote, On-Site, and Off-Site Service!
XXX-XXX-XXXX
service@sparkcpu.com
Visit www.sparkcpu.com today!

We made 1000 copies for about $80.00 and managed to only get about 20 out. However from those 20 we put out we ended up getting a few calls and it well made it worth the trouble.

Its fairly inexpensive advertising and is certainly worth a shot.

chumby
07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Flyers work, but they take time. I may have a bigger budget than most for a new pc services company, but flyers work... just got to wait. I sent out 30k flyers about 5 months ago. Cost about 4k for printing and delivery. I have gotten about 40 calls and 3 business contracts through the flyers.... and the calls keep coming. PATIENCE!

Azz
07-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Flyers work, but they take time. I may have a bigger budget than most for a new pc services company, but flyers work... just got to wait. I sent out 30k flyers about 5 months ago. Cost about 4k for printing and delivery. I have gotten about 40 calls and 3 business contracts through the flyers.... and the calls keep coming. PATIENCE!

Thats less than 1%, I wouldn't exactly call that successful.

Aaron

MrMille
07-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Chumby, thanks for chiming in with some numbers.

I'm guessing the fourty calls were profitable? and the business recurring?

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Nathan H
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Here are some of My Advertising Attempts,

I thing they are eye catching, straight forward and to the point.

They are PDF's but had to zip them to upload them.

NWPhotog
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Aaron

Actually when you consider other advertising costs/results that is not bad. I know several small business that are built upon flyer advertising. You are never going to get a huge return per 100 flyers but it can be very effective and profitable if you approach it intelligently.

MrMille
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I think you need to pick local affluent neighbourhoods,
what else would you suggest NWPhotog?

How many leaflets did you drop Nathan?

Nathan H
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Only Droped 500 So far in selected streets ( I have had 10 calls so far 8 resulted in a paying job)

dropping another 1000 over this weekend so ill keep you posted as to the results.

Nathan

bagellad
07-24-2008, 05:27 AM
I would love to see some other peoples flyers, I have a suggestion.. Why not a $10 off coupon or something so they have a reason to keep the flyer on the fridge? (Or even better yet the computer)

cuba1902
07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I used flyers as well and they really don't work to well for me either. What does work is the Business Card. I think that is the best thing any business owner can have.
Believe it or not I get more business from a simple business card then any flyer. Most people just end up throwing flyers away but business cards they end up putting in their wallets and later pull them out.
If I where you I would also look into fixing some computer for free at first and build up a customer base and then charge later. Word of mouth is also gold. Its slow at first but business will pick up doing it this way. Anyways thats what worked for me

seedubya
08-12-2008, 12:38 AM

Aaron

1-2% response rate is about standard for any kind of direct marketing. And the less than 1% you're quoting is over a short period. If you're doing regular direct marketing make sure you find a way to track it.

Anyway the only REAL indicator of sucess in direct marketing is ROI. If you spend 1000 on a campaign how much do you get back in Net Profit, not turnover, not sales, not gross profit, net profit only...... Also you should be estimating the lifetime value of a customer acquired in this manner. If you do that 1000 campaign, get a 1% response i.e. 10 new customers and they each spend an average of X with you and you make an average Y profit then it's worth it. Not to mention the referrals you get from them.