PDA

View Full Version : PHP Staff Directory

rits
06-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Hey all,

Currently working on building a website for a new client, and they have requested to have a directory for their staff set up. I have searched through different sites, and have yet to find what I am needing to find as far as an open-source type script to do what my client wants. I usually have an easy time finding something to incorporate into the CMS I use one way or another, but this time I'm stumped.

Anyone out there know of any php scripts or the like that would allow a database of department, phone, email, addresses, etc. to be searched through with a list displayed. Sorta like a business phone book on the website?

Appreciate the help in advance.

Dean

Robert
06-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Depending how good your php/mysql skills are, you could probably build one faster than the time spent looking for a pre-developed one.

Just a simple database (or even flat-file), basic front-end... would only be about 30 minutes for a skilled dev, maybe a few hours if you're a but rusty.

rits
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Thanks.

I happened across one that had been built a few years ago and wasn't working in full capacity and recoded it a bit to make it function for my current needs. I'll be looking into revamping it a bit more to flush out the rest of the issues to make it fully functional again.

=P