PDA

View Full Version : Question on software

Mr. Campbell
06-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Is Teamviewer worth the 2600 dollars, or is there a better program out there?

lan101
06-26-2011, 07:29 AM
I've got the business edition of teamviewer and that only costs $750. You can connect up to 3 computers at once. You can reboot in safe mode and auto reconnect and transfer files if needed.

I think you are looking at the corporate edition.

I think teamviewer is a great product for my needs.

Martyn
06-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Business licence is good enough for me as well

atlanticjim
06-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes.

filler text

Mr. Campbell
06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
The only reason I was considering the corporate package was the MSI package that is included.

I was also looking at ScreenConnect, anyone tried it yet?

Hopefully I dont ask too many questions and bug all of you fellow members, but is there a way to charge by the minute on this type of software? The client enters their credit card information and the charges begin to apply when the initial connect is made.

Computer Brainiacs
06-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I liek kaseya. Even the free version has file transer, unattended access and up to 25 PC's.

Knightsman
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Checkout

Logmein Free
GFI MAX

allanc
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I've got the business edition of teamviewer and that only costs $750. You can connect up to 3 computers at once. You can reboot in safe mode and auto reconnect and transfer files if needed.

I think you are looking at the corporate edition.

I think teamviewer is a great product for my needs.
But, you can only install it on one computer.
I think that I need at least two licenses: one for my desktop and one for my mini that I take on the road.

JAbbott
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
If I were you I'd check out ScreenConnect before dabbling into the Corporate license for Teamviewer. I've been using ScreenConnect for about a year and have been very pleased. A few SC employees are on TN and may be able to answer your questions if you post specific features you are interested in.

It is really depending on what you are using the software for. Teamviewer Corporate is quite expensive compared to the Business edition. Both are one time fees as is ScreenConnect- so maybe that is what you are considering?

Most remote software solutions have some type of logging clock. The clock can vary though- usually total connection time to client.

PCSupportGlasgow
06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
My advice to the OP is trial a few of them and see which works best for you.
Everyone has their quirks so best to make your own decision on which you prefer using.

for what it worth my opinion on those mentioned in the thread and ones we use.

Teamviewer - Good software but overpriced (i never said expensive just overpriced)

Screenconnect - could never get to work properly so cant give opinion on usage but problems were enough for us to walk away.

LMIR/Go2Assist = ok different but very similar. both monthly fees but means always have latest versions and none of the 1-2 concurrent connection crap most seem to think they can get away with, so not really too much of a difference infact probably save over a year when you take working with more than 1 client t a time into account. Out of the two LMIR probably the better software but i prefer working with go2assist.

SimpleHelp - we use this as a backup. Slower than likes of TV/LMIR/Go2 but works off our server. best described as abit like that old trusty car. it may not have all the coolest latest features but you know it going to start on that cold winters morning and get you to the destination.

there many others out there and everyone has their favourites so go out and trail a few and find yours.

gabak
07-23-2011, 01:26 PM
all those programs that everyone were talking about are obsolety.
get something that work with intel vpro or Dash for AMD.
with that technology you can even to check the BIOS modify it and check the ethernet status , etc.
if works for you please just let me know

cpaul123
07-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I have TeamViewer Business...I have been more than happy with it.

parker.casey
07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I still just can't justify paying money at all for essentially VNC.

BOSS
07-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I still just can't justify paying money at all for essentially VNC.

Same here, I use an open source solution, works great for my needs.

FoolishTech
07-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm disgusted with all the bugs involved in Teamviewer's remote reboot. If they fixed that up I would be all for it.

But realistically, there are probably close to comparable free or cheaper solutions. If I didn't already have access to Teamviewer (we do have the corp) through my current employer, I wouldn't pay for it.

Martyn
07-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm disgusted with all the bugs involved in Teamviewer's remote reboot. If they fixed that up I would be all for it.

But realistically, there are probably close to comparable free or cheaper solutions. If I didn't already have access to Teamviewer (we do have the corp) through my current employer, I wouldn't pay for it.

What's the problems with the remote reboot, i'm not having problems at all? :confused:

BOSS
07-24-2011, 01:57 AM

I had to implement a registry hack to reboot and reconnect in safe mode, but works great in XP and Vista, have not tried it on 7 yet, but hope to soon. My business is all about open source software, so I implement all open source, if possible.

Aldi
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
i've been using logmein.com and teamviewer, and for mee the best is logmein, because i can use it from everywere just with webbrowser...

dh3857
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I have really liked using Teamviewer over the past year. Just for kicks I'm going to try Logmein just to see if there's anything I will like better than Teamviewer.

FoolishTech
07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
What's the problems with the remote reboot, i'm not having problems at all? :confused:

It doesn't work, that's my problem ;) With v5.1, and we're using the customized Quick Support EXE that our client's download.

A co-worker swears it works for him on the first remote reboot, but stops working after that. For me, I rarely get it to work the first time, even. I'm always having to call the client back and have them login and restart Teamviewer. I hate that.

I have tried a work-around where I place Teamviewer in the HKLM\...\Run Key since it fails to automatically restart, and set the computer to automatically login. Sounds like it should work, except when I do, the custom password we have for the Quick Support app no longer works, and I have to call the client yet again to get the temporary password to login.

Very frustrating.

I had to implement a registry hack to reboot and reconnect in safe mode, but works great in XP and Vista, have not tried it on 7 yet, but hope to soon. My business is all about open source software, so I implement all open source, if possible.

I'd love to know what that is. I wonder if it will help in reconnecting to normal mode heh.

bertie40
07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi. Team viewer is up to version 6. I haven't had any problems with it..

PS. Don't forget the ACRBO 10% discount.

FoolishTech
07-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi. Team viewer is up to version 6. I haven't had any problems with it..

PS. Don't forget the ACRBO 10% discount.

Good info on a discount for those who want it...

FYI Upgrade to TV6 from 5 requires new purchase I think... my ppl won't go for that. I wouldn't, either.