PDA

View Full Version : IE& slow performance tip

generalj
07-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to post a trick I found out the other day with IE7.

Scenario, customer brought in a pc that was infected with spyware and really slow also had a BHO. after fully cleaning and optimizing the pc everything was working well but IE7 would take like 10 seconds or longer to load even after loading it once, also when navigating to any new page it would take a few seconds to load the new page. I tried deleting all temp files and history etc. even disabled plugins/add-ons trying to determine a culprit, I was about to try a reinstall of ie when I noticed a button under tools -> internet options -> advanced called "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" I never noticed this before and don't remember it before on ie6 etc. but it may of been on the older version too or it may be new to ie7 or a new patch they added to ie7 recently anyways after selecting that option ie7 worked beautifully.

So just wanted to point out that button out to everyone who may not of known about it like me. It really improved the ie7 performance back to the norm.

wall2000x
07-17-2008, 11:15 PM
On IE 6.0 it is the "restore defaults" button. It does the same thing. It is a good idea to do this when there might be some issue with IE.

nonchalant
08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
On IE 6.0 it is the "restore defaults" button. It does the same thing. It is a good idea to do this when there might be some issue with IE.

Yea, or just get Firefox :p