PDA

View Full Version : Already Live Site & New Newspaper Ad

nightkingdoms
06-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I know I've been kind of a lurker but this forum is filled with so much stuff to look over. I've been doing computers/websites since 1998 and temporarily got out of the business around 2003. Near 2009 I reorganized my business from just me to an LLC and started to invest in my business with the right equipment, right advertising, business cards, website, etc.

I live in a very small town (2,500+ people) filled with a lot of government workers. We have a weekly newspaper that I've been advertising in since the middle of the year and have tweaked my ad greatly and extensively in each run. Simplification is a MUST (so I've learned). Now I'm doubling the size of my ad (and the cost) and I've like to hear some feedback.

If you're wondering why it says "Yes, we're in Ajo!"... Well, we have a specific telephone exchange (520-387-XXXX) and I decided to use my Google Voice number for voicemail and texting because it integrates with my office system very well. I get that question so many times I just finally added it to the ad. lol

So here they are:

WebSite: (in my signature line - hopefully - don't have 15+ posts))

If my signature doesn't show up, just add the dot com to my username. =O)

And here's the ad:

coreyspeed
06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
nice simple site design, but needs to be centered. so that it looks right.

create a div around the whole site and apply style, margin: 0 auto;

ScottGeelong
06-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I like the look of the ad! Have you ever thought of a light colour background? Maybe a light yellow?

nightkingdoms
06-22-2011, 12:37 PM
@coreyspeed: It is centered on all modern browsers. I've tested it on multiple browsers and versions.

@ScottGeelong: The newspaper is in black and white only. =O(

nightkingdoms
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I was wrong... tested the browsers again and for some strange reason all the browsers churned out the site perfectly... except IE8 in Windows XP (of course). Thanks for the heads up!

Ugh, there's a reason why I don't use Winblow$. But they sure do make us a lot of money for their horrible system. lol