PDA

View Full Version : Using a lift to access switches

bagellad
07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi I have a job where they want me to use a lift to access some switches, I am a little nervous as I have not used one before. I was wondering how complicated using a lift was and if I was going to end up killing myself or something.

JohnG
07-16-2008, 06:22 PM
They aren't hard to operate...most are joystick controlled with triggers and thumb switches. Use common sense, be aware of your surroundings, be safe and always remember Rule #1: Don't Panic. :D

Blues
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
yeah we had one we used on occasion when i worked for a compusa store they are fun ours was a scissor lift or scissor jack i assume thats what your using

bagellad
07-17-2008, 02:18 AM
I had to refuse the job, they added a bunch of wire stringing to the work order and my networking skills just are not up to par yet... I would give it a shot normally but not from high above thats a bit to intense for me.. I don't even have my crimper yet I need some $$$ first. Thanks for the help though.

Phishie
07-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Lmfao dude what the heck are you getting into? lol You've been posting all kinds of crazy stuff lately.

and if I was going to end up killing myself or something.Dude I am laughing my ass off here. :D

Checkmate
07-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Gotta love those Onforce jobs. I've given up on most of them. Only do TV repairs now. Considering HP paid for my training.