PDA

View Full Version : How to access a Website hosted on GoDaddy.comto Edit it.

roborobs computer repair
06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I have a customer whose website is hosted on GoDaddy. He has lost contact with the person who orginally designed his site and was not given access to the site to make changes. Is there a way, not knowing the passwords to access the site to edit the existing site?

ZenMike
06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
No, there isn't. Would you really want there to be? To modify the site files you need account credentials (FTP or some sort of control panel). If you own the domain you could change the DNS to point to a new hosting account. If the domain is also registered by someone else, you don't have a lot of options until you can get control of it again.

roborobs computer repair
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
The Domain is controlled by my client however he does not have access to edit the current site. I contacted the hosting provider to see if they could give me access to the site to edit it.

nesrinamb
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Just contact go daddy and explain the situation you will have to provide some way of proving that its their account but I think if you give them the receipt that they obtained when they paid for the site that should be good enough.

mraikes
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
If Godaddy isn't conveniently cooperative, and if he controls the domain (has access the dns settings) . . .

Use Httrack to copy the existing site, setup hosting somewhere else, and upload the existing site. Point the domain name to the new webhost.

GeekPCSupport
06-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Robert:
If he has control of the domain name he should also have the secret pin that he gave to Godaddy to setup the account. If you call them up and give them the pin, they should be able to help you.

Hope this helps,
Guillermo

16k_zx81
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
:confused: So Godaddy tech support is offline right now? :confused: