PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Satellite P105: Problem w/LCD, LCD cable or GPU? (HD Video inside)

happycomputers
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I've never seen a problem like this from an LCD screen. Curious what everyone's thoughts are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlwI0UJtAE

For SEO and those who are incapable of getting youtube: What's happening is upon pressing the power button of the Toshiba Satellite P105 laptop, POST occurs, and the indicator lights function as normal. Hard drive begins to access, and it seems like the computer boots; but the screen gets stuck on the POST "Toshiba" logo. However, as the computer boots up, eventually the Windows login sound plays. Sometimes the screen stays on the Toshiba logo, and fades to white, and will intermittantly show the REAL desktop. When hooking an external monitor up, upon boot, the external monitor displays everything fine, with no problems.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting symptom. I'm guessing there's a problem with the LCD screen itself, or the cable...probably not the GPU since its outputting normally to external monitor. Anyway...thoughts? Am I right on?

Thanks in advance,

DG

shamrin
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I haven't seen this exact behavior so I'll be interested to know what you turn up.

The fade-to-white looks like a GPU problem to me though, not a screen. The fact that it works OK on an external is an indicator against GPU problems but it is not conclusive. I'd still say GPU.

Rafael
06-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Can you try to put the laptop monitor to a different laptop?