PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Pro Crashing While Scanning???

IAMPC
06-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Has anyone seen Hitman Pro crash in middle of scan? I came across it couple of times now in last few days and it seems a bit weird. It just quits and crashes. :confused:

wimwauters
06-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Has anyone seen Hitman Pro crash in middle of scan? I came across it couple of times now in last few days and it seems a bit weird. It just quits and crashes. :confused:

Could be a Hitman Pro bug or due to a recent OS update, or it could be a newish & buggy piece of malware targeting Hitman Pro. I suspect Hitman Pro is gaining in popularity, so the virus mafia will be turning their attention to it :(

Luckily, the hitman pro 'modules' make it a bit of a chameleon, but I guess the core program will at some point need to enter an arms race with the virus mafia.

Over time the virus writers could (with an infected PC) be controlling Hitman Pro just as good as they can control MalwareBytes or AVG (i.e. it thinks everything is OK, but can't actually update itself ,etc...).

vdub12
06-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I have personally never had a problem with it. Could be an infection interfering with it. I normally don't run any scanners until I have finished manual removals first.

One of the only reasons I use hitman is because its so quick and accurate. It helps me double check my work. I don't use it as a means for removal though, just verification.

SmithFamilyDesigns
06-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I have had it crash on a 64 bit machine with a very sneaky mbr infection. That was the only time I've had any issues though