PDA

View Full Version : So which chasis do you use?

DSep
05-27-2011, 01:50 AM
I just started looking around for a chassis for a test system. So far, I've really only taken a look at something like the Antec Skeleton, which isn't exactly meant for that kind of stuff (although it supposedly works well for it). I'd like to know what chassis some of you guys use for your test system?

joydivision
05-27-2011, 11:57 AM
You don't really need one do you, just screw a motherboard to a bench :)

TLE
05-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Don't use one myself but there are quite a few on the market.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Kustom_PCs_Shop_Lubic___Test_Cases_105.html

PCSupportGlasgow
05-27-2011, 12:06 PM

i wonder if we could sell that one to hairdressers as a spikey hair maker optional extra :D

Benchtech
05-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Don't use one myself but there are quite a few on the market.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Kustom_PCs_Shop_Lubic___Test_Cases_105.html

Thanks for that now to seek these out in the USA, where the price is 25% more....haha

I've been eyeing one of those HSPC Tech Station for 3 years now just can't justify the price.

gikstar
05-27-2011, 07:36 PM
The chassis that I use is an older tower case with the top and sides removed. I stuck in a full size motherboard that has PCI-E and PCI slots, four Sata and two IDE connections and I have most of the connections hanging outside the case so I can easily connect hard drives up to the system or add additional rom drives to test.

I used a Dell Ultrasharp monitor with it so I can have additional USB's connections and it has both a VGA & DVI allowing me to switch back and forth between two systems attached to it. Haven't had good experience with KVM switches (though I have quite a few of them), so I don't use them.

ATTech
05-27-2011, 07:43 PM
This or build one out of plexiglass.

gikstar
05-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I have always found plexiglass to attract dust.
I have tore apart a case before and then screwed down the mounting plate to the bench, then attached the motherboard to the mounting plate. It works, but it does take up a lot of horizontal space with the power supply having to sit on the bench... taking us space, whereas using a tower case uses mostly vertical space.

dgiles79
05-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I use the Antec DF-35. I like is because it has multiple front access hot swap bays (and a 2.5" sata bay on top), so I can clone drives and do HD backups easily.

devvy
07-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Coolmaster! Cheap and they look rad!