PDA

View Full Version : software to burn over 4.7 gigs

Johnthegeek
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I have customers that need 20 gigs of their computer backed up all the time. This usually involves me pulling 4 gigs of data to one disk...then another...then another. It takes me a significan amount of time.

Is there a program anyone knows of that will let you tell it to burn 23 gigs and it will have you insert disk 1 then 2 then 3 ect? All while maintaining the file structure?

tartis
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
You could make an image of the computer which is pretty quick. You could also try and use tape backups if they would invest in an external tape drive.

Artimus
07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Is an external USB harddrive out of the question?

focuz
07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, even with compression to get 20 gigs of data you would just have to transfer everything to another hdd. A good software for this is acronis, or if your weird and like norton, then nortons ghost is alright as well.

Johnthegeek
07-02-2008, 03:27 AM
I would like to give this to my customer. With Nero you have to break the drive into 4 gig chunks and burn.

I would like a program that would allow me to select 8 gigs to back up..and have it break it into 4 gig chunks. Then the customer would have a exact duplicate without me doing the break up.

Starsky
09-25-2008, 09:14 AM
NTI CD and DVD make does this. If you select a data cd or dvd, and add more than the limit (700mb or 4.5 gig etc.) it will prompt you when you click Burn if you would like the data spread over multiple cd/dvd's.

I burnt Dog Whisperer the other night for my mum which was 22gig or so and it spread it over 6 DVDs.

Plus the program is simple and doesnt use up many resources.

Cheers,

Starsky.