PDA

View Full Version : My services and contact page is higher in Google search than my hompage?

CLC
05-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Is this a bad thing? It seems Google thinks my search terms are more relevant for my other pages than my home page. I tried to make my home page based on searching for computer repair in my area. (your city) computer repair or computer repair (your city). Granted I just submitted the site like a week ago and I'm not too seo savvy. Do I need to remove my city from my other pages and put in more content that has my city name in the home page? Or should I just let it go for a while and see?:confused:

COB
05-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure that I would consider it a bad thing. If someone searches 'computer repair' and lands on your computer repair page as opposed to your home page then it's less clicking and time spent learning how to navigate your site. I think one of the suggestions abour SEO is to find out what your customers are searching and create pages for each of the search words. If you do this then it is likely that your keyword optimised pages will rate higher than your homepage - unless you have all your links pointed at your homepage that is.

Apologies if I've created more questions than answers :)

Cathal

CLC
05-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Also I have my service page named services.html and my contact us page named contactus.html (of course my home page is index.hmtl). All of my pages contain the same site title. Is this the norm or should they be named something different?