PDA

View Full Version : Quick Call-To-Action Tip

pcbox
05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Here's a quick call to action tip from Ryan Carson (of Carsonified) and Jason Fried that helped 37Signals (creators of basecamp, highrise etc) increase sign up rates by 200%:

http://thinkvitamin.com/web-apps/how-to-increase-sign-ups-by-200-percent/

May not be applicable to everyone here but I've implemented the advice in the article on my site (still in progress :rolleyes:) and figured someone here who already has their computer repair business up and running might want to give it a try and report their findings.

parker.casey
05-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Thank you very much ... I tend to be too quiet.

16k_zx81
05-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Yep its interesting.

Ive always been surprised how many techs don't display prices, and never really understood that approach.

I guess its because I have always been a price-based shopper, and basically never look at any product unless I can see how much it costs first.

So naturally, my take on consumer behaviour is the assumption that other people shop like me ( :) )and want to know how much they are spending before they go through the steps to buy.

seedubya
05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Ive always been surprised how many techs don't display prices, and never really understood that approach.

I'm not knocking what your saying but I don't think that's what the OP is suggesting. Nor does it seem to be the intent of the original article.

He's looking at the difference that changing the wording of the "call to action" on your landing page can make to your follow-through rate and the value of testing various phrases. In this case it happens to relate to prices but that's not the underlying principle.

16k_zx81
05-07-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not knocking what your saying but I don't think that's what the OP is suggesting. Nor does it seem to be the intent of the original article.

He's looking at the difference that changing the wording of the "call to action" on your landing page can make to your follow-through rate and the value of testing various phrases. In this case it happens to relate to prices but that's not the underlying principle.

Really? I dont read it as that. In fact, the wording is pretty specific. They tried two other systems and found that

“See Plans and Pricing”

was the most effective.

Seems to me thats exactly what Im talking about - in the context of a call to action.

If "see plans and pricing" is the most effective call to action, it follows that consumers want to see pricing information when they buy, which is what I was saying.

Not off topic as you suggest. Maybe my post was unclear.

In the article I wrote for Technibble on Calls To Action, it never occurred to me to suggest to use pricing information. I find this post really interesting, as I am currently in the middle of designing a product on this subject. Will watch with interest :)

COB
05-09-2011, 07:46 PM
A second advantage of displaying your prices is that it also allows 'tyre-kickers' to see your prices and saves you the hassle of dealing with someone who has no intention of paying for a service in your price bracket. Not sure if this comment is off topic though?

Martyn
05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
This is something I agonised(and asked the question) some time ago about displaying prices. I chose not to but I'm thinking about changing now. Like the idea though of those words, it's amazing what a few well chosen words can do. :)

ProTech Support
05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Such a simple change, that I am willing to try. Tonight I am going to switch it over on my website. I will let everyone know how it goes!

pcbox
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM
A second advantage of displaying your prices is that it also allows 'tyre-kickers' to see your prices and saves you the hassle of dealing with someone who has no intention of paying for a service in your price bracket. Not sure if this comment is off topic though?

Exactly, it helps concentrate the clients you're looking for and from their test results, seems to alleviate concerns of hidden fees and commitments by being up front about pricing.