PDA

View Full Version : Remote Support Discounts

BryanLee
04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
I just wanted to pass along a couple things that I have come across recently while shopping around between GoToAssist and LogMeIn Rescue.

GoToAssist $48.30/month - Promo code: 30day30off
If gotoassist does what you need then this is a pretty good deal. It is normally $69 a month.

LogMeIn Rescue + LogMeIn Mobile - $99/month
After talking to the sales person and telling them that i was using a trial of gotoassist and that the only reason i wasnt using logmein was because of the price she offered me the upgrade price of $75/month. I also mentioned the logmein mobile service and she quoted me another price of $99/month for both. Having used logmein for quite a while previously this is a GREAT deal.

If you paid upfront it would be even cheaper (approx 10%)

If anyone wants the sales person's information let me know and i will shoot you a PM. You may be able to get the same deal from anyone though.

JCS_MN
04-21-2011, 05:11 AM
How do you like GotoAssist?

BryanLee
04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I like it a lot actually. It's missing some of the feeatures that you would get from LMI Rescue, but for the most part it does everything that I need it to.

One of my complaints with GTA was that your client had to go to the fastsupport(dot)com website to setup the connection rather than just entering a code from my website like LMI does. I just found a way to have them enter the code on my website through the use of a form that submits to the website. It just removes a step and looks a little more professional.

I don't have anything bad to say about gotoassist or logmein to be honest.

JCS_MN
04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Trying to decide on which remote to use, LMI is out of my price range. Trying to decide between Teamviewer and GTA. Teamviewer offers a small business package that is limited to 50 hrs per month for $499US. But I might do the 30 day trial of GTA before I decide.

BryanLee
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM
If you setup a gotoassist trial make sure you use the "30day30off" code. During the setup process there is a link you have to click that will allow you to input the code. After you are done it will still say that you are going to be charged full price when the trial ends, but that is just a glitch. I called tech support and they confirmed this.

If you dont enter the code during the setup and decide to go with GTA you would have to start a new account to get the discount.

JCS_MN
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up; I'll give it a try.

JAbbott
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Trying to decide on which remote to use, LMI is out of my price range.

You should also check out ScreenConnect and Crossloop. Both products are both more reasonably priced than LMIR and TV. I know ScreenConnect has a free 30-day trial. I'm not sure about Crossloop- also they have just recently changed their pricing model.

Xander
06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Crossloop is crap. I paid for a year but found so many things wrong with the way their system is setup. e.g. If someone downloads the client from your profile, it doesn't brand until after you connect with them. The whole point of providing branding graphics is to get the customer to think of you when you are not there/connected.
I also had issues with connections dropping.

The price was very low and I guess I got what I paid for.

TechLoopPC
06-09-2011, 07:15 AM
I am planning on purchasing ScreenConnect once I test it out a little more. I signed up for a trial but have only used it once or twice, but really impressed. ScreenConnect is self-hosted but still very simple to setup and use. I like it better than TeamViewer because you don't have to make customer read any numbers or passwords to you to get connected. I just create a Session with their first name and they click to join it.

Price is right, but keep in mind it's per session -- (which matters if you need work on more than one PC at a time)

agile
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I just wanted to pass along a couple things that I have come across recently while shopping around between GoToAssist and LogMeIn Rescue.

GoToAssist $48.30/month - Promo code: 30day30off
If gotoassist does what you need then this is a pretty good deal. It is normally $69 a month.

LogMeIn Rescue + LogMeIn Mobile - $99/month
After talking to the sales person and telling them that i was using a trial of gotoassist and that the only reason i wasnt using logmein was because of the price she offered me the upgrade price of $75/month. I also mentioned the logmein mobile service and she quoted me another price of $99/month for both. Having used logmein for quite a while previously this is a GREAT deal.

If you paid upfront it would be even cheaper (approx 10%)

If anyone wants the sales person's information let me know and i will shoot you a PM. You may be able to get the same deal from anyone though.

is that LMIR quote for a 1year contract or something? When the rep called me after I signed up for the trial he said they are firm on 120/mo unless you sign a 1-2 year contract and only at that point will they give a better deal.

BryanLee
06-09-2011, 08:18 PM
The sales reps have the ability to offer you a better rate. After i posted this, the lady called me a few times and offered me an even better rate, but i had already gone with something else.

If you tell them that you are already using something like GoToAssist, but would like to switch they may give you a better rate. I just played it like i wanted to change but the rate was a little too high. If they dont negotiate you can always just wait them out. Most times you will get a call back with a better rate.

If they dont then you can just create another trial account and you will get another sales rep then you can try to negotiate again. They have the ability to change the rate so if they dont want to work with you just keep trying.

agile
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM
The sales reps have the ability to offer you a better rate. After i posted this, the lady called me a few times and offered me an even better rate, but i had already gone with something else.

If you tell them that you are already using something like GoToAssist, but would like to switch they may give you a better rate. I just played it like i wanted to change but the rate was a little too high. If they dont negotiate you can always just wait them out. Most times you will get a call back with a better rate.

If they dont then you can just create another trial account and you will get another sales rep then you can try to negotiate again. They have the ability to change the rate so if they dont want to work with you just keep trying.

Thanks for clearing that up Bryan. But I still want to confirm, that rate was based on just a month to month subscription, not locking into a year or anything right?

bertie40
07-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Team viewer discount of 10% from ACRBO.

Regards

rsarceno
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
If you want to save $$$ check Remotezilla. $195 (lifetime - no monthly) Unlimited use for first technicians. So far I got three updates with no charge.

Roel
__________________________________________________ ______
Sarceno Network Consulting
http://www.snccomputerrepair.com/

numnutz
08-05-2011, 02:04 AM
is that LMIR quote for a 1year contract or something? When the rep called me after I signed up for the trial he said they are firm on 120/mo unless you sign a 1-2 year contract and only at that point will they give a better deal.

I have heard other ppl say they get these kind of prices but I have been a client of LMI for 5 years $99 for one seat logmeinrescue thats it. Anytime I inquire about a better price I get $90 plus half off a second seat. Never anything great. Are you allowed to switch sales reps lol. Also I tested mobile rescue once and could never get it to work with AT&T and Verizon service providers. LMI told me some providers block remote access.

BryanLee
10-05-2011, 04:21 AM
I just wanted to update this. I am switching back to LogMeIn Rescue after I managed to talk the rep into giving it to me for $55/month.

callthatgirl
10-05-2011, 05:28 AM
WHAT!!!!!

ugh, so tired of the rep game. They told me the lowest they can go is $60 a month. :mad:

I did sign up for screen connect test a few days ago, but I don't have a server. Didn't get far. I'm too scared to get off LMIR anyway.

Xander
10-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Lisa, I don't have a server either. I've got it running on my main box which is on 24/7 (the same one from which I do my remote support) ... and it's a pretty low-end system (1.6ghz, 2GB ram). Five minutes setting up the router and a few minutes personalizing SC on its Administration pages.

TechLoopPC
10-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I haven't had great luck with Screen Connect, so far. Seems every person I try to get connected has issues. They either can't figure out the security prompts, don't have .NET installed, get confused from the webpage saying that it's connecting when it's actually doing nothing. I have my frequent clients install the Unattended client so I can just connect in, but sometimes they just disappear from my interface--no idea why. The web interface for managing unattended is very clumsy--You have to set the name when you download the initial unattended client, can't change later or easily organize into groups (have to set tags!). The App for connecting is very basic, I use the Mac version so maybe it's simpler. I have never once had Reboot and Reconnect option actually work correctly.

They also don't have a simple client/exe you can put on clients computer so that they can just click a shortcut and get a number to give you to connect, this I miss about teamviewer very much -- I instead have to put a Web shortcut on their desktop to my SC web page and they have to do multiple clicks to get their session started -- just a mess trying to talk the average grandma through it. For my local clients, I will often still end up just physically driving over to help. SC just feels like a very pieced-together system.

Can't beat the price, but it seems you get what you pay for -- As I move towards doing more remote work I am going to see if I can't get it work more efficiently or switch to something else.

JakeFromScreenConnect
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM
TechLoopPC,

Give our support line a call if you'd like a hand with some of your issues. You really shouldn't have issues getting people connected. We spend a lot of effort on optimizing the connection experience. I'd like to take a look.

Also we can look at your reboot and reconnect. There are no known issues with this functionality, except you can only do it when accessing a Windows machine (but the tech can be using anything).

numnutz
10-05-2011, 10:36 PM
WHAT!!!!!

ugh, so tired of the rep game. They told me the lowest they can go is $60 a month. :mad:

I did sign up for screen connect test a few days ago, but I don't have a server. Didn't get far. I'm too scared to get off LMIR anyway.

$60 a month? wow who is your rep the best I get is $89. and I have been a subscriber for 3 or 4 years. ugh

allanc
10-05-2011, 11:14 PM
You should also check out ScreenConnect and Crossloop. Both products are both more reasonably priced than LMIR and TV. I know ScreenConnect has a free 30-day trial. I'm not sure about Crossloop- also they have just recently changed their pricing model.
How does ScreenConnect compare to SimpleHelp (other than price)?

callthatgirl
10-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Lisa, I don't have a server either. I've got it running on my main box which is on 24/7 (the same one from which I do my remote support) ... and it's a pretty low-end system (1.6ghz, 2GB ram). Five minutes setting up the router and a few minutes personalizing SC on its Administration pages.

Good to know...thanks!

callthatgirl
10-07-2011, 07:30 AM
$60 a month? wow who is your rep the best I get is $89. and I have been a subscriber for 3 or 4 years. ugh

ugh, I hear you. My rep is the "rep of the month" that gets my account. They email me here and there with emails about stuff. One of my contracts is up in Oct and they emailed me to renew. I called up and asked for a supervisor to discuss why the reps get to pick and chose how much a seat is and they had no excuse really, just more "it depends on what package you originally purchased" type thing. Like my first seat will always be $100 apparently, then the 2nd is $77 and the third is $60.

PR Tech
10-07-2011, 08:26 AM
LogMeInRescue (LMIR) really not support Chrome for the Technician Console? Yeesh.
If you are using LMIR, which browser do you prefer working from any why?

BryanLee
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
This was the best deal i have ever been offered by LMI and i couldn't turn it down.

Here is what i told my rep:
1. I wanted to use LMIR but it was cost prohibitive at $100/month
2. I was currently using GoToAssist Express and that I had a deal at $30/month
3. If the rate was good enough I could sign up immediately.

He put me on hold and pretended to talk to his boss and came back with a rate of $55/month. This was provided I signed a 15 month contract which was ok with me since I plan on using this for a while.

JAbbott
10-07-2011, 03:12 PM
How does ScreenConnect compare to SimpleHelp (other than price)?

I haven't really played around with SimpleHelp much. I remember the demo as to be somewhat cumbersome and slower than my other test products. Also SH was UK based and I couldn't find much info on the parent company at the time.

From a quick look at their page, SimpleHelp is Java based where as ScreenConnect is .NET based. Also SC has a toolbox feature that is a nice to have (doubt SH has this).

Otherwise just as you mentioned the pricing model is different.

callthatgirl
10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I just all my accounts down to $200 a month, I was paying $240. I have 3 seats, when we use LMIR, we use IE or FF, I use Chrome but not for work.

I would sign a 15 month contract though, so that's my next angle lol--thanks for the tip!

allanc
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I haven't really played around with SimpleHelp much. I remember the demo as to be somewhat cumbersome and slower than my other test products. Also SH was UK based and I couldn't find much info on the parent company at the time.

From a quick look at their page, SimpleHelp is Java based where as ScreenConnect is .NET based. Also SC has a toolbox feature that is a nice to have (doubt SH has this).

Otherwise just as you mentioned the pricing model is different.
I currently have a single concurrent license for SimpleHelp.
It cost a little less than $300 about a year ago.
I think that development of the product has been almost stagnant (IMHO) as they finally have a minor upgrade after about a year.

What are the advantages (in your opinion) to .net vs Java?

PCSupportGlasgow
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
I currently have a single concurrent license for SimpleHelp.
It cost a little less than $300 about a year ago.
I think that development of the product has been almost stagnant (IMHO) as they finally have a minor upgrade after about a year.

What are the advantages (in your opinion) to .net vs Java?

allan your right simplehelp has gone a bit stagnant but always has been slow with major upgrades which probably reason most upgrade only when really need to.

Having said that it is worthwhile keeping it in the background.

Simple fact no matter what simplehelp is like the old beat up toyota pickup truck of remote support. it may have seen better days be a bit slow and cumbersome than some others but you know no matter what you throw at it it's never going to let you down so always worthwhile keeping just for those times. Especially as some clients always seem to find it alot easier to make connection with it than our normal (gotoassist).

as for comparing with SC i havent used it (well i did but no matter what couldnt get it to work though one of our offices cisco router- stangely worked fine though in other office with cheap router) but mainly pricing policy put me off as would have meant would require 2 copies for 2 offices as not able to install on a webserver and remote into a hosting pc not the best for a bandwidth intensive app like remote support.

allanc
10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
allan your right simplehelp has gone a bit stagnant but always has been slow with major upgrades which probably reason most upgrade only when really need to.

Having said that it is worthwhile keeping it in the background.

Simple fact no matter what simplehelp is like the old beat up toyota pickup truck of remote support. it may have seen better days be a bit slow and cumbersome than some others but you know no matter what you throw at it it's never going to let you down so always worthwhile keeping just for those times. Especially as some clients always seem to find it alot easier to make connection with it than our normal (gotoassist).

as for comparing with SC i havent used it (well i did but no matter what couldnt get it to work though one of our offices cisco router- stangely worked fine though )
Well, I would not delete the Simple Help.

I was thinking of adding a single Screen Connect license.
Also, I would run them off the same XP PRO sp3 'server'.
Hopefully, any conflicts between the two would be visible during the Screen Connect trial and I would then make a decision (if necessary).

Xander
10-22-2011, 12:10 AM
So long as they're not working with the same ports, you should be fine. SC can use just about anything so long as you edit the web.config file.