PDA

View Full Version : New Website Review

dicklaw18
04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone, I have launched our new website and was hoping I could get some reviews of it. I did do the site myself, and its pretty basic, but would love tips/ideas/ect. Thanks in advance!

Www.brothertech.net

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

AlexSno
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Well the layout looks like it's made completely in HTML with no CSS what so ever.
And the hover text is just dull. Make improvements because you as a client won't call anyone with a poor website to do things or you....

16k_zx81
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Honestly? it looks bloody awful.

You would be doing your business a major disservice marketing it with that.

Consider getting it done properly, or doing some research on how to make a proper site.

A good starting point would be reading the Advertising Critique section of the Forum. Plenty of information there to get started.

The quality of your site, if you're marketing your services with it, will make a difference to how much custom you get from it. This translates directly to earning potential.

The best advice I can give you is: get yourself learned-up on what makes a good website, and (sorry), start over.

Cambridge PC Support
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Honestly? it looks bloody awful.

You would be doing your business a major disservice marketing it with that.

Consider getting it done properly, or doing some research on how to make a proper site.

A good starting point would be reading the Advertising Critique section of the Forum. Plenty of information there to get started.

The quality of your site, if you're marketing your services with it, will make a difference to how much custom you get from it. This translates directly to earning potential.

The best advice I can give you is: get yourself learned-up on what makes a good website, and (sorry), start over.

+1

check out Wordpress, from what I've read here ThemeForest are good for themes

I'm just about to go the Wordpress route :)

COB
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Agree with previous posts. It needs a major overhaul. Templates would be a good idea as they will allow you to just think about your content without having to think about design, proportion and coding at an early stage.

arrow_runner
04-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Too square/blocky. The gradients don't really fit in and there are too many different solid colors.

Also, there's a McAfee logo on your site....:p

sevenfold70
04-21-2011, 04:35 AM
CompuSource FTW! Better?

geeks2you
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Look into wordpress. Thats how I made our website, very easy to use after you play with it. Tons of forums and information on wordpress too.