PDA

View Full Version : Help with temeperature

pluscore
06-29-2006, 02:52 AM
Hi

I have a Intel D 2.6ghz on a intel mobo with a intel heatsink/fan

and these are the temps I get, and well Im kind of worried, since Im a designer, and Im not even using any graphic programs atm...

The case is a 38C certified case :/

mobo 60C
cpu 56C
power 59C
HDD 47C

its not normal... what do I do? get more internal fans? :/ since I only have a cpu heatsink/fan... i didnt even put this comp together the guys said that put it together at a store that its fine... but im not a pc amateur and I know its not fine... I just want to know if 2-3 fans will help if I get a air flow going thru my case...

Bryce W
06-29-2006, 04:51 AM
Having a good front and back fan should help all the temperatures. I recommend a front/back fan for any modern computer. Computers without any sort of airflow hold hot air inside the case which increases the temperature of everything. Get some fans and all parts should go down a few degrees.

AMDWarrior
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree just add a few fans and the temps will come down the processor isnt running that hot, a tad but nothing to worry about. Just get a good airflow and make sure the fans are doing the same thing and it will be fine.

leviathon
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Also if it were an emergency you can also temporarily pull off the side of your case to cool it down a bit. I was lucky because I had part of my air conditioning where my case was so now my case is usually freezing when I touch it :)

Bryce W
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Also if it were an emergency you can also temporarily pull off the side of your case to cool it down a bit. I was lucky because I had part of my air conditioning where my case was so now my case is usually freezing when I touch it :)
Back in the day, I used to do this as well except put my large desktop fan facing into it. Keep in mind though, if you take the side off a case and dont give it additional cooling (desktop fan or aircon) then it can actually increase the temperature because there isnt any airflow which is normally caused by a front and back fan.