PDA

View Full Version : Offsite Backup

techguysolutions
06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good online backup solution for Windows 2003 Server. I know there are services out there like Carbonite for desktop machines. I need something that runs on Windows Server 2003. I keep hearing about Amazon's service but I cannot find a reliable client program that automates the backup. I read allot of bad things about Jungle Disk. Can you tell me what you guys use? This would be a great business add on as well. Thanks for the information.

cmonova
06-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Depends on what exactly you are trying to do. I use Vemu www.vembu.com for backing up my servers/desktops but I also offer backup services to others.

MrMille
06-15-2008, 08:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good online backup solution for Windows 2003 Server. I know there are services out there like Carbonite for desktop machines. I need something that runs on Windows Server 2003. I keep hearing about Amazon's service but I cannot find a reliable client program that automates the backup. I read allot of bad things about Jungle Disk. Can you tell me what you guys use? This would be a great business add on as well. Thanks for the information.

Mozi are well regarded, not sure they do W2K3

techguysolutions
06-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the reply. I went to vembu.com and I am going to contact them. I appreciate the time you took to post.

cmonova
06-17-2008, 10:42 PM
No problem in a few days i'll have a document all about online-backups and you can download it.

tkrabec
06-18-2008, 01:24 AM
I've just rolled out a solution using crashplan to 1 of my customers. I am offering it to my current customers, then to others. I'm charging a setup charge, then 15/mo for 10gb and then $1/GB over that. I working out a few more offers but that is where I am starting.