PDA

View Full Version : Website Tweak Suggestions Please

jdpetrov
04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
So after a month of having my website up and running, I've had 168 visits over 98 absolute unique visitors (I already subtracted traffic from Technibble). I've had 1 inquiry (phone/email from website) but fortunately that 1 inquiry resulted in a computer repair job.

I am asking you fellow Technibble members to take a look at my website and see if there is anything I should look at to increase the number of inquiries/conversions I get. I'm hoping for a 15% unique-visitor-to-inquiry rate and then a 50% inquiry-to-job rate. Right now I'm getting a 1% visitor-to-inquiry rate.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Website is http://www.uptechnologysolutions.com sorry about that one.

thebige
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Found your site but posting a link in this thread would make it a lot easier for us to find your site :-) Just say'n.

jdpetrov
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Found your site but posting a link in this thread would make it a lot easier for us to find your site :-) Just say'n.

I edited original post. Sorry about that.

BryanLee
04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
On the home page the drop down link for "website solutions" and "stay informed" opens behind the big image. I am using IE7 from a work computer so that could be why.

jdpetrov
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
On the home page the drop down link for "website solutions" and "stay informed" opens behind the big image. I am using IE7 from a work computer so that could be why.

Nice catch, working on correcting that issue now. I went back to Google Analytics and saw that only 8 visits were by IE 7.0, none from 6.0...most were Chrome, IE 8+, then Firefox and Safari. Chrome checks out fine, Firefox checks out fine, as well as Safari.

So that issue doesn't fully explain why, but certainly for those 8 it would be detrimental.

EDIT: the issue you highlighted has been fixed. Apparently IE 6 & 7 don't play too kindly when it comes to z indexing and floats, but since I'm using JQuery, there was a post of code that, with javascript enabled on the browser, will re-adjust all zindex properties so that the floating menu has correct zindex over everything else.

Cambridge PC Support
04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
get yourself a free listing on Google Places

jdpetrov
04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
get yourself a free listing on Google Places

I already have one. I get about 30-50 impressions per month, and about 3 clicks to the website. http://www.google.com/local and search for up technology solutions.

I just think that it just hasn't been around that long. The new website, updated Google places info, and ads in Yellowbook have only been around for a month. Perhaps I just need to let everything age, like a fine wine?

Cambridge PC Support
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I already have one. I get about 30-50 impressions per month, and about 3 clicks to the website. http://www.google.com/local and search for up technology solutions.

I just think that it just hasn't been around that long. The new website, updated Google places info, and ads in Yellowbook have only been around for a month. Perhaps I just need to let everything age, like a fine wine?

oops, that's what I get for using the .co.uk Google :rolleyes:

like me, you could do with a lot more reviews on your Google Places

and also, get some testimonials on your website, people love testimonials - I sent an email to all my customers a coupla years back and got a load of good responses back

your flash anim is really good but quite big, you might want to consider scaling it down a bit

16k_zx81
04-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Please read my article HERE (http://www.technibble.com/turbo-charge-your-computer-repair-websites-sales-potential/)

If you adequately implement changes recommended your website will convert more visits to contacts

Get google places site. Fill it out 100% - ALL fields, and load it with high traffic keywords. Get reviews on it. As many as possible. Rank time may be 1-2 months but if you do what Im telling you, you are very likely to get 1st page result. Google 'google places optimization SERP' to find out more about this.

Use Bryan Vests's recent article re keyword research to find these keywords for your business. Implement them in Places and in your SITE.

your site.

Front page. Ditch 'Welcome' and replace with several images showing special offers with % discounts, cashback, freebies, whatever you like. Use your front page to send visitors into the site to buy services. "what we do" will be evident from this, and is not required. This text does not sell services. The best way I know of (and it works) is to put 'bargains' on the front page. Interestingly, these do not have to be any discount off your actual prices, and they do not have to relate to what the customer is actually looking for. Just having a presence there will be enough to affect conversions.

Develop your services page. Use a format - page per service - that will allow you to sell each specific service individually. Just telling people what you do is not enough. Your website's task is to SELL customers on YOUR services. If you do this people will ph you.

Page per services will create keywords (using research above) that will be indexed by Google. Do this, and you will rank better.

Your newsletter is an excellent initiative! Promote it! It will allow you to get email addresses for marketing. Send QUALITY emails, and always include some kind of bonus for your customers so they will want to keep receiving them. Show examples of the sort of things they will GET (blockquotes, graphics) so they will WANT to sign up. Make this prominent and SELL it. That mailing list, if you can develop it, will make you $$$!!

PM me if you need any more help w it.