PDA

View Full Version : Review My New Site Please...SEO and Aesthetics

Lefty
04-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi fellow techs,

Please check out my website and let me know if there's anything I can improve.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

Erik

http://fast-computer-solutions.com

BryanVest
04-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I am kinda busy and didnt get to look at much, but the first thing I noticed is you need a 301 redirect to the www. domain.

StringTech
04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I know you're going to build this website out in the future. Very nice start-up website. My only suggestion is maybe to get rid of the "First Floor Apartment" in the Mailing Address.

Lefty
04-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I am kinda busy and didnt get to look at much, but the first thing I noticed is you need a 301 redirect to the www. domain.

Fixed! Thanks! I redirected FROM www to the url without www, as i use http:// fast-computer-solutions.com with my links...

I know you're going to build this website out in the future. Very nice start-up website. My only suggestion is maybe to get rid of the "First Floor Apartment" in the Mailing Address.

Done! What content would be great to add, in your opinion? Thanks!

16k_zx81
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
that big block of green background on the home page is pretty hard to look at

On the other pages its not so bad, because its a smaller proportion of the page

but yeah, apart from that its a good start

MobileTechie
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
I like it. Nice simple design, you get what you do and some sales points over nice a quickly. The icons fit with the points rather than detracting from them. I assume it's a Wordpress template.

I'm not so sure about the girl photo - doesn't seem to mean anything to me other than a good looking girl with a laptop.

I'd like to see a testimonial and qualifications or something to give me some extra confidence that you know what you're doing - thinking from a customer perspective.

I bet you could get a cool logo done easily enough with a name like that but what difference that would make is debatable.

I can't comment on the SEO in depth but you seem to have thought it through and be aiming the various pages at specific key phrases.

Overall, it's a really good effort. Nice one.

Out of interest, where do you get the icon graphics from?

Lefty
04-08-2011, 09:58 PM
that big block of green background on the home page is pretty hard to look at

On the other pages its not so bad, because its a smaller proportion of the page

but yeah, apart from that its a good start

That's one of the things bugging me when I started this thread. On a laptop it's not an issue, but on a desktop lcd monitor the green becomes almost neon!

I like it. Nice simple design, you get what you do and some sales points over nice a quickly. The icons fit with the points rather than detracting from them. I assume it's a Wordpress template.

I'm not so sure about the girl photo - doesn't seem to mean anything to me other than a good looking girl with a laptop.

I'd like to see a testimonial and qualifications or something to give me some extra confidence that you know what you're doing - thinking from a customer perspective.

I bet you could get a cool logo done easily enough with a name like that but what difference that would make is debatable.

I can't comment on the SEO in depth but you seem to have thought it through and be aiming the various pages at specific key phrases.

Overall, it's a really good effort. Nice one.

Out of interest, where do you get the icon graphics from?

I put the picture of the girl in to show a "happy customer" sort of graphic. Perhaps a business-like image would be more suitable?

I have difficulty with the logo, am experimenting with different designs...

The icons I found by searching GPL in google and Iconfinder. There's a post somewhere in this forum giving good resources for web site developers.

MobileTechie
04-08-2011, 10:22 PM
That's one of the things bugging me when I started this thread. On a laptop it's not an issue, but on a desktop lcd monitor the green becomes almost neon!

I put the picture of the girl in to show a "happy customer" sort of graphic. Perhaps a business-like image would be more suitable?

I have difficulty with the logo, am experimenting with different designs...

The icons I found by searching GPL in google and Iconfinder. There's a post somewhere in this forum giving good resources for web site developers.

You could try 48 Hours Logo. I've got a comp going there at the moment: http://www.48hourslogo.com/project.php?id=4772