PDA

View Full Version : AT&T 360 - Good news or bad?

hawks5999
06-11-2008, 01:56 AM
https://tech360.att.com/ATT/index.asp

Anybody seen AT&T's new computer service offerings?

Any thoughts? Pricing looks similar to Geek Squad in some services but it's AT&T, not exactly the Geek Squad.

Interesting.

generalj
06-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Well after checking that link out it is kind of scary.

First they are offering services to business.....
Second they are a huge corporation...which attracts people to them regardless of their "real service, experience and knowledge in the this field"
And then they have very low prices....too low I think for them to really make money, but I think they are using their huge corporate bank and name to get people in and then show them the service they provide and then turn the prices up knowing that the customer they have serviced know that their service is good....A little shady imho.

https://tech360.att.com/ATT/index.asp

Anybody seen AT&T's new computer service offerings?

Any thoughts? Pricing looks similar to Geek Squad in some services but it's AT&T, not exactly the Geek Squad.

Interesting.

Wheelie
06-11-2008, 02:13 PM
AT&T will probably make a fortune on this with small businesses. Good niche I think. I would say they are using techs in India at $0.25/hr to perform the work and thus they can make a fortune doing the work. I have a number of small businesses that have me come through and check PC's on a periodic basis doing the same work as AT&T 360 does. But there's a ton of stuff they cannot do remotely: system upgrades, replace broken parts, install software, install systems, etc. I do not think these remote repair companies will put me out of business but who knows?

Crgky127
06-14-2008, 03:39 AM
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/tch/717629195.html

@att.net:eek:

bagellad
06-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Although it seems like thats something worth worrying about. I believe that its not for a few reasons.

1. Nobody wants Tech support from India, even a native English tech becomes pretty unhelpful during a 8 hour phone shift. They will not be able to provide the same quality service over the phone that you could.

2. No personal relationship - Its still a big company which is looking out for their bottom line, they don't get to know their tech guys, they are a faceless company.

3. Bound by rules - Big companies like that are bound by plenty of rules and protocols, if you found a new remote desktop software that would help a client you could offer it right away. Would this company ever be flexible enough to do that?

Its the same reasons why Geek squad and all these other repair companies can exist but still not take us out of business.

Phishie
06-14-2008, 04:46 AM
At first this does seem pretty scary. But then just think about how little they are charging and what kind of people they'd have to employ in order to make a profit off of that.

And if you look at their "Premium Service Package" which includes things other than "unlimited support" you see "$24.00/monthly; $89.00 one-time setup fee includes 1st month free. All monthly subscription packages require a 12 month minimum commitment. $50 early termination applies if you are unable to fulfill the commitment."

That is $377 or you pay a $50 termination fee. Lame.

i2omani
06-14-2008, 07:25 AM
At first this does seem pretty scary. But then just think about how little they are charging and what kind of people they'd have to employ in order to make a profit off of that.

And if you look at their "Premium Service Package" which includes things other than "unlimited support" you see "$24.00/monthly; $89.00 one-time setup fee includes 1st month free. All monthly subscription packages require a 12 month minimum commitment. $50 early termination applies if you are unable to fulfill the commitment."

That is $377 or you pay a $50 termination fee. Lame.

I second that

Crgky127
06-14-2008, 12:50 PM
According to the craigslist ad the kind of people they are employing for onsite are the $25 neighbor kid kind.