PDA

View Full Version : Any other good sites like Technibble?

MobileGeeks
03-31-2011, 01:28 AM
As the title suggests, is there any other good sites like Technibble that you can recommend?

Vicenarian
03-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Well, there's one other one I know about: http://ow.ly/4q0kU

:D

MobileGeeks
03-31-2011, 01:46 AM
lol thx Vicenarian made my day haha

Xander
03-31-2011, 02:45 AM
There's Podnutz, if you can keep up with the several posts a day.

Vicenarian
03-31-2011, 06:37 PM
lol thx Vicenarian made my day haha

:)

It really depends on what your interest in computers is. Theres the overclockers forums, anandtech forums, tomshardware forums, MSFN, and others like that...not sure if those help...but I read them occasionally myself.

alluseridsrejected
03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
When I am looking to find the best free software, Gizmo's www.techsupportalert.com is outstanding. I used to also like lifehacker ok until they changed the format of the web site recently.

JosephLeo
03-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not a member, but I am a huge fan of BleepingComputer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/) that website (along with Google) is one of my favorite resources when trying to troubleshoot something I can't figure out.

pcpickup
04-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Another Vote for Bleeping Computer. They are also responsible for ComboFix which is used everyday at our store.

gunslinger
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
As the title suggests, is there any other good sites like Technibble that you can recommend?

A while back some of the Technibble people got kick off and decided to start their own forum. Not sure what happened with that , but there is only one Technibble.

Cadishead Computers
04-01-2011, 12:55 PM
A while back some of the Technibble people got kick off and decided to start their own forum. Not sure what happened with that , but there is only one Technibble.

It is still going. Nowhere near as strong as TN though.

MobileGeeks
04-02-2011, 09:09 AM
OK thanks guys, I think technibble is my favorite :)

rmorrison100
04-03-2011, 03:52 AM
http://ow.ly/4q0kU ... good one.

kevinjhaag
04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Make a worthwhile post or don't post at all. What a waste of my time when I could be reading something else more worthwhile. If you want to be a professional IT person, please don't let it stop on here. Some of us are professionals in our field and have limited time to sift thru crap.

Xander
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Make a worthwhile post or don't post at all. What a waste of my time when I could be reading something else more worthwhile. If you want to be a professional IT person, please don't let it stop on here. Some of us are professionals in our field and have limited time to sift thru crap.Then you might want to avoid threads in the "General Computer Chit-Chat" forum.
Sometimes you might find a golden egg in here but please don't complain when you don't.

kevinjhaag
04-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I see your point. I didn't realize I was in the General Chit-Chat area. When I come on here I just check the New Posts area and don't pay attention to where the posts are located because I'm interested in the topic or interested in helping out if need be. But you got to admit it happens in other areas of the forums too and makes a good thread go bad and very lengthy one too at that. And I wasn't talking about this whole thread but just a couple posts that link to this these forums.

basic
04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I, personally, recommend ArsTechnica forums. Lots of good posters and knowledge to be found there. Additionally, their website is great.

I also like AnandTech forums, but I'd steer clear of the Politics and News, Love and Relationships, and Off-Topic forums unless you like drama or 4chan-ish type environment.

rsavoia
04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
The Force Field is another tech business forum. The link is in my sig.

callthatgirl
04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Good job on the award btw Rick. I tweeted and wall'd it on my FB :)

And...Did you know I finally met the famous Pat Palmer? We hooked up in Iowa on one of my trips down there and he just swung by my shop in Rochester on his way to WI.

He's got this stuff together. I will listen to his podcasts tonight.

rsavoia
04-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Good job on the award btw Rick. I tweeted and wall'd it on my FB :)

And...Did you know I finally met the famous Pat Palmer? We hooked up in Iowa on one of my trips down there and he just swung by my shop in Rochester on his way to WI.

He's got this stuff together. I will listen to his podcasts tonight.

Thanks, Lisa! I really appreciate that. I saw that Pat had stopped by and posted about it on FB. Two famous techs meet up! This is the sort of networking that benefits everyone.

yankeez
04-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks, Lisa! I really appreciate that. I saw that Pat had stopped by and posted about it on FB. Two famous techs meet up! This is the sort of networking that benefits everyone.

It was nice to meet up at her business and she what she does! Very nice.

Pat