PDA

View Full Version : One of the best perks

06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I've been in business for a little while now and have had some pretty nice gifts given to me by customers... Some of the gifts have included concert tickets, restaurant gift certificates, clothing, and other random things. I'll occasionally receive a 'thank you' card for helping with something I view as an everyday thing. Just now I had a customer send me cookies as a "thank you". I really appreciate my customers, but it's really nice to know they appreciate me sometimes, too.

Phishie
06-04-2008, 11:30 PM
They sent you cookies? Holy hell that rocks. I can't wait for the day that a customer gives me cookies. So far I've gotten a couple of computers, some memory, and a PB&J sandwich. Haha.

puterpoker
11-30-2008, 03:11 AM
So far I've gotten beer, cookies, a nice CRT monitor, and a sweet wireless laser mouse. Pretty good haul, for only a few months work.

NWPhotog
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Computers, 4gb usb keys, servers, switches, UPSes, an enchilada dinner for two but I mostly do commercial. Cookies rock! :)

Pc Fixed Right
11-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Computers, Printers, Scanners, Memory, Mice, cookies, cake, 32" Sony Tv crt, Cordless Phones, Red Sox tickets, free hair cut, and a bunch of other stuff...customers who appreciate our work rock =)

Jory
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
The best thing I ever got was $50 in Wendy's gift certificates.

jaydude23
12-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I have a monthly maintenance contract with one of my clients, and every time I go to her house, she always feeds me dinner. :D

I've also received computers, monitors, ect. :)

David34
12-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn, I hope I can get gifts like that once I'm up and running.

darren1270
12-17-2008, 11:29 AM
The best thing I ever got was $50 in Wendy's gift certificates.

Well you beat me... I only received $30 in Arby's coupons....

frostbyte5014
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I guess I never really thought about it but, I have received a lot of stuff through the years.

Computers, Servers, Monitors, Routers, Switches, Printers, Desks, File Cabinets, Lunch, Dinner, Haircuts, SWAG, Wow I can't remember it all. The perks have been really nice.:)

Working for yourself is great even though the boss gets on my nerves sometimes.

I'm still looking forward to the cookies though! :)

Fred_G
12-19-2008, 03:21 AM
I just do some computer work on the side. I have gotten printers, computers, computer parts, beer, and my favorite, Willingham's Rubn BBQ Marinaide! I get that every time I do any work for one of my friends and one buisiness.

Willinghams. That my friends, is how steak is done! Good on burgers too. :D

I get my truck fixed for the cost of parts at one place that I work on their computers. Got a set of tires mounted and balanced for free from them a while back! Barter works well if you work on the side.

But homemade cookies. Now that would be nice.

abe
12-19-2008, 06:27 AM
haven't got much yet but today I got a nice office chair from a client.

nonchalant
01-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Ive had several bottles of wine given to me as thanks (hic)