PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Presario V6000

MrMille
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to disassemble one of these laptop's and I can't split the case,
so I need to remove the hinge screws to get to the mobo?

05-28-2008, 07:27 PM
You almost always have to remove the hinges/lcd assembly to get to the motherboard.

On that laptop, I think there are a few screws holding the hinge cover/power button bezel in place (be careful because there's a flex cable on this one). Flip it over, remove the battery, then the screws, then carefully pry up the hinge cover. Remove the keyboard. Disconnect the wireless card antenna wires (and pull them through the hole in the case) and the video cable, then remove the hinge screws to take off the whole lcd cover.
After that, just remove all of the screws from the bottom side of the case, disconnect the track pad cable, then lift the top half of the case off.

It's a fairly straight-forward system to disassemble.

MrMille
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
then remove the hinge screws to take off the whole lcd cover.
After that, just remove all of the screws from the bottom side of the case, disconnect the track pad cable, then lift the top half of the case off.

It's a fairly straight-forward system to disassemble.

I think that's the bit I need to do next.

I've removed every visible screw except the hinge and power button bezel screws.

podnutz
05-29-2008, 02:22 AM
The power button bezel is usually the key that most people don't know when they try to take apart their laptop. Because it opens up the way to get the keyboard off. And once the keyboard is off you'll usually find the last few screws that are holding the case together.