PDA

View Full Version : Greets from Atlanta

Wheelie
05-27-2008, 03:35 AM
I have been running a computer repair business out of my home in the Atlanta area for 4 years now. I have over 700 customers and about 70% of them are in a 3 mile radius of my home. Way cool job.

I love long walks on the beach, hate all Norton and McAfee products, have weekends off (he's lying), and Rootkits can actually be fun to find and remove! ;)

gunslinger
05-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Welcome to Technibble.

JohnG
05-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Welcome...

podnutz
05-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Welcome Wheelie. You know, those Norton and Mcafee products might be keeping you in business. I had a day where 4 of my jobs were fixing things that Norton broke.

Wheelie
06-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Welcome Wheelie. You know, those Norton and Mcafee products might be keeping you in business. I had a day where 4 of my jobs were fixing things that Norton broke.
:confused:

Are you kidding? Norton and McAfee are not keeping me in business. I'd rather have a happy customer than prey on their lack of knowledge. They are paying me for help - so I give them the best advice I have and therefore keep their machines running well. Happy customers means free referrals. Believe me. That's 10x better than preying on them - they are not stupid. I do not advertise ... my business is all referral based (because I am trusted). You don't know it but you are probably missing tons of referrals and legitimate repeat work.

gunslinger
06-04-2008, 04:02 AM
I think what he ment was that Norton and McAfee are still very popular even though they cause more problems than they fix. I would say about 60-70% of the "slow computer" calls I get are solved by removing Norton or McAfee products and installing decent protection.

cmonova
06-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I have been running a computer repair business out of my home in the Atlanta area for 4 years now. I have over 700 customers and about 70% of them are in a 3 mile radius of my home. Way cool job.

I love long walks on the beach, hate all Norton and McAfee products, have weekends off (he's lying), and Rootkits can actually be fun to find and remove! ;)

Wow...70% of your customers within 3 miles of home...that is nice...I have like 4 or more acres of land between me and just one neighbor... A 3 mile radius would be very sweet....

Wheelie
06-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Wow...70% of your customers within 3 miles of home...that is nice...I have like 4 or more acres of land between me and just one neighbor... A 3 mile radius would be very sweet....

Living in an urban area has its ups and downs. This is one of the "ups". One of the downs is that it does not bode well for the Sammy Hagar (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=716987473396567323&q=I+can%27t+drive+55&ei=_bJGSLz0EpSGrQLB3MGXDA&hl=en) types like me :eek: because sometimes it can take an hour to go 5 miles sometimes during the day. So here's what we do on weekends for a that little adrenaline rush we sometimes need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khC27UDzixE) ... :)

cbclark
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome fellow Georgian =D