PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about SEO pack.

PC-MOT
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
So the company who have put my site together have offered to include a 'google analytics pack' and 'THIS (http://www.webworksinternet.co.uk/web-marketing.html)' bronze SEO pack, all for 149 p/a
Now not being really knowledgable with SEO and the like, and me not having hours every day to sit in front of the PC online and get myself up the ratings, is the 149 well spent for what I will get, or can I do the same for 20 mins work a day for free?
As you can see they only guarantee 87% 1st page success rate, and only the domain name is optimized with phrases.

thanks

MobileTechie
03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
What is that all they do for that money? - submit your sites to the main search engines (which will pick up your site anyway), make a sitemap (which various online services do for free) and create a robots.txt file?

I can't think of what I'd pay for that but not a lot. All that would take you about an hour.

Nobody can guarantee 1st page success in general, only for a certain phrase. You try to get 1st page for the word "Insurance" and you've got your work cut out. But you can get 1st on the 1st page for something hardly competitive like "crowthorne town insurance" with almost no effort at all.

I think they are taking the mickey big time. 1500+VAT and then 50/mth +VAT to do that plus a bit of link building? I think they must be on drugs.

DCGPX
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
So the company who have put my site together have offered to include a 'google analytics pack' and 'THIS (http://www.webworksinternet.co.uk/web-marketing.html)' bronze SEO pack, all for 149 p/a
Now not being really knowledgable with SEO and the like, and me not having hours every day to sit in front of the PC online and get myself up the ratings, is the 149 well spent for what I will get, or can I do the same for 20 mins work a day for free?
As you can see they only guarantee 87% 1st page success rate, and only the domain name is optimized with phrases.

thanks

I attended a Business link seminar yesterday on SEO strategy. The guy who gave it was excellent and I gained loads and loads of what to do.

Give him his due, he a Director of a SEO company, he said all you need is patience and a understanding og Google policy on what not to do.

Armed with this new found knowledge AND Bryan Vest's analysis of my site(Who I cant thank enough for!) I now have a plan to SEo my site from bottom up.

I expect the SEO to take a week researching and about 2 days max to rewrite some code on pages.

I can then monitor via Google Webmaster tools to see whats happening.

Personally at the moment I couldnt pay that for something I can do myself

Once I get really into it and chasing the very top spot I will then look for paid advice (Well Bryan anyway - Support TN :))

My humble opinion on this!

BostonGeek1
03-02-2011, 05:10 PM

thanks

they're a complete scam. Nobody submits to search engines, a sitemap takes 10 minutes to do, and so does a robots.txt file...which will probably have NOTHING in it. "Verify with google"?

Run run run. If you hear anyone talk about 'search engine submission' run away...they're a scammer.

BryanVest
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah search engine submission is a joke if you see someone off this and for that price then they are scamming you. The pricing is about right I see some companies offering it for $700 a month+! I have some $500 a month clients and I give them great results so they stick around. I view my clients business as my business though. If I bring them success they will keep with my services.

PC-MOT
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys, I believe I understand..
:D:D

Edit: from what Ive read a robot .txt file is only necessary if I have confidential info on the site, even then its not enforcible, so not an issue for me?

16k_zx81
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Have you spoken with Bryan^?

His packages are really good value, and they work (used on my own site with great results)

BryanVest
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow they dont even start linkbuilding till $1300 EUR. I do more with my $200american dollars package than their $1000