PDA

View Full Version : I had to laugh

Don W.
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Got my first computer support call today. Now remember I'm a senior (hate that word!) and I'm aiming my services at that age group. My only "advertising" is a flier hanging up at the local Senior Center.

So this lady calls and her machine won't shut off. "Try holding the button down and see what happens" I say. Machine goes off, I'm now a hero. "What version of Windows do you have?" I ask. "Microsoft," she says. Ooookay "what dose it say when it starts up? "Toshiba," she says.

Very nice and now very happy lady but I'm wondering how big of a can of worms I may have opened... :eek:

No charge, computer fixed. For now at least we're both happy.

AdamsAPlus
03-01-2011, 10:14 PM
That's great. Reminds me of some of my customers I had on the Help Desk I worked on.

kagman
03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Thats great... I advertise in a local paper and a lot of my calls are from older people that have no idea how to use a computer when something goes wrong. Have to say that senior people are so far my best clients and they appreicate anyone that is willing to help them. :)

The senior community needs help with their computers to.. So if you are targeting your service to them then I think its great... :)

Xander
03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hate to say it but get used to it. I had a (sr) customer call me once saying he couldn't get his email. What he really should have been saying was, "It won't turn on." It was a good lesson in asking better questons.

Not that seniors have cornered the market on these kind of answers but....

Don W.
03-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Hate to say it but get used to it. I had a (sr) customer call me once saying he couldn't get his email. What he really should have been saying was, "It won't turn on." It was a good lesson in asking better questons.

Not that seniors have cornered the market on these kind of answers but....

No prob, I learned the ropes so-to-speak working at a school dist. Teachers can have trouble getting their email.