PDA

View Full Version : Now Hiring Forum Moderators

Bryce W
03-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Technibble has expanded to the point where we need to bring on more moderators for the Technibble forums. I am looking to take on about 2.

I look for the following in a moderator:

Knows the Community - A moderator needs to understand the general "feel" of the community. What the communities morals are, what we like and what we dont.

Level Headed and Non-egotistical - Being a moderator doesnt mean you can lord it over the other members. A moderator is more like a policeman where you are here to serve the people.

Has Been A Trusted Member The Forums For A While - Obviously I wont bring on just anyone, a moderator needs to have been a trusted member of the community for some time.

Availability - I am looking for someone who can visit the forums fairly often. Once a day is nice.

Can Follow Instructions - There are processes with how we deal with things here on the forums. We are looking for someone who can follow these systems.

Please PM me if you think you are a good fit for the task.

iisjman07
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
PM'd you Bryce, I would be up for being a moderator

Knightsman
03-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Wouldnt mind being a moderator, I am pretty much browsing this site everyday. I havent been here a while, but hopefully I have made some friends!

I honestly dont need to get paid either, I'm here anyways, technibble is an invaluable resource.

MobileTechie
03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I was OK until I got to the egotistical bit. Damn!

Ccomp5950
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Sent in a PM.

Definitely need some late euro / american time zone coverage.

seedubya
03-03-2011, 12:34 AM
I was OK until I got to the egotistical bit. Damn!

Ditto - maniacal laugh.........

iptech
03-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Level Headed and Non-egotistical - Being a moderator doesnt mean you can lord it over the other members. A moderator is more like a policeman where you are here to serve the people.
If this ever happens, I for one, will miss the old days. "Heavier enforcement" anyone? :rolleyes:

Good luck to anyone who takes on this role, with the subjective interpretation of the forum rules, esp.the "no selling" rule, it's hardly a surprise that natural forum decorum has declined and long-time forum sponsors have taken their advertising $ elsewhere.

Bryce W
03-03-2011, 03:02 AM
long-time forum sponsors have taken their advertising $ elsewhere.
Ive actually never had so many forum sponsors than what we have right now. Some of the oldest, like CommitCRM are still with us.

BryanVest
03-03-2011, 07:24 AM
PM'ed I would like to help in any way possible :)

iisjman07
03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Any update on this?........

Bryce W
03-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Some messages are still coming in. Actually considering 3 new ones rather than 2 which I originally posted.

ATTech
03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I would imagine that there was plenty of inquires put in and it's going to take longer than a day to sift through and decide.

parker.casey
03-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Technibble has expanded to the point where we need to bring on more moderators for the Technibble forums. I am looking to take on about 2.

I look for the following in a moderator:

Knows the Community - A moderator needs to understand the general "feel" of the community. What the communities morals are, what we like and what we dont.

Has Been A Trusted Member The Forums For A While - Obviously I wont bring on just anyone, a moderator needs to have been a trusted member of the community for some time.

Availability - I am looking for someone who can visit the forums fairly often. Once a day is nice.

Can Follow Instructions - There are processes with how we deal with things here on the forums. We are looking for someone who can follow these systems.

Please PM me if you think you are a good fit for the task.

I would love to be a mod ... however, I think I might be a touch egotistical. :(

Xander
03-04-2011, 03:52 AM
"Hiring"? How well does it pay?

BryanVest
03-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Helping out is its own reward.

GoHighVoltage
03-04-2011, 05:50 AM
I would be really Interested.... LEt me know.

Xander
03-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I would be really Interested.... LEt me know.I think you might have missed a detail.Has Been A Trusted Member The Forums For A While - Obviously I wont bring on just anyone, a moderator needs to have been a trusted member of the community for some time.

Helping out is its own reward.No argument but I'm not the one using the word "hiring".

callthatgirl
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
This thread is a good example of why I would not throw my hat in the ring to moderate.

Bryce W
03-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Ive chosen the Aussie timezone mod and have offered the position to them outlining what to expect (like how sometimes you have to be the bad guy). Just waiting for them to accept before I announce them.
Ive gotten the US and the UK potential mods down to a few, still tossing up who I will pick though.

wimwauters
03-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Ive chosen the Aussie timezone mod and have offered the position to them outlining what to expect (like how sometimes you have to be the bad guy). Just waiting for them to accept before I announce them.
Ive gotten the US and the UK potential mods down to a few, still tossing up who I will pick though.

Excellent Bryce! We all dream of world domination, but you are actually achieving it :cool:

Maybe you should rebrand to Technibble 24/7 :)

Paul Rodgers
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Excellent Bryce! We all dream of world domination, but you are actually achieving it :cool:

Remind me to cross the street when I see you. :p

Xander
03-15-2011, 02:47 AM
that is sweet but not for me!Given that that's your second post in 10 months since you joined, that's probably not the kind of participation level that's being sought out anyway.

gunslinger
03-15-2011, 05:06 AM
Given that that's your second post in 10 months since you joined, that's probably not the kind of participation level that's being sought out anyway.

Yeah, not for me either. I'd like it but I have the feeling I'd have to swing the ban hammer on many.

C0ldf1re
03-20-2011, 12:53 AM
... A moderator is more like a policeman where you are here to serve the people...

You've obviously never come across a cop with different ideas.

iptech
03-20-2011, 02:59 AM
R.I.P. Technibble, sadly passed away 28 September 2009

Methical
03-20-2011, 05:03 AM

It did ? what happened ?

Ccomp5950
03-20-2011, 05:11 AM

Serious question. Why are you on these forums?

You obviously don't like it here.

TimJacobs
03-20-2011, 05:30 AM

Did I miss something???

Ccomp5950
03-20-2011, 05:34 AM
It did ? what happened ?

I think he refers to stuff like this...

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9598

and people like computergeek1 leaving. Maybe he misses Jura :p

Though I also believe the infraction system going in full blast then and again exactly a year later with "Heavier enforcement" and some ideas of his that have been listed as "elitist" (some rightfully so, some not so much) might cover the rest.

Methical
03-20-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm gonna nip this one in the butt before anything further develops. This thread is now pointless, as Bryce has his mods in mind. He will announce it when he returns.