PDA

View Full Version : Twitter advertising idea

JRDtechnet
05-21-2008, 04:43 AM
For those who don't know twitter is like a (micro)blog but you post through text msgs on your cell phone. I can embed this blog in the side bar of my website. What I was thinking of doing is using twitter to update my availability or offer incentives.

For example I would post- "On job in TOWNNAME, next opening 2pm, call to schedule!" or I could offer reduced rates, my rates go by distance....so if I'm working 30 miles away and charging $75/hr. I can post something like "working in the TOWN area, if your live near by call in the next 30mins and get 20% off"

What do you guys think?

Bryce W
05-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Thats actually a pretty good idea. I like it! Would be great to use during quiet parts of the day.

hawks5999
05-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Good idea... downside is you only get the people that are on your website at the time. How many uniques are you getting a day?
There's another service that you might like called pinger:
Add all your customers in and then when you are in their area you can send out a voicemail blast with your "Hey I'm in your area... if you call by X:00xm I can give you a X% discount"
http://www.pinger.com/content/company/learn_more.html?_t=homepage_learnmore#sendtoagroup

Sort of an immediate and free telemarketing.