PDA

View Full Version : hp dv6000 keyboard

fourdave
05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I have a this laptop that was dropped off to me and the "n" key is not working, the key seems to work up and down OK, not sticking, but i would like to take the keyboard off and make sure its not just something in there before ordering a new one. I have looked at a few sights on how to do this but they all show different models and are not the same as this one. any ideas on how to remove this or what web sights would tell???

Thanks Dave

05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
For a DV6000....
Flip the system over and remove the battery. In the battery compartment, you'll see three silver screws and two black screws marked with a keyboard icon. Remove all five screws. Remove the memory cover and you should see one more screw with a keyboard icon. Remove it.
Open the system up, and gently pry up the power/control button bezel, starting on the right side. Be very careful because there are three wires attached on the left side, two flex cables and a small audio cable.
Once the bezel's out of the way, slide the keyboard towards the lcd and lift up.

More than likely, the keyboard just needs to be replaced if a key isn't working. It's more trouble than it's worth to try to clean/repair one key.

fourdave
05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Thank you, first time playing with Keyboards on a laptop. I will get it out and order a new one, thanks again

Dave