PDA

View Full Version : Backlink tip I just stumbled across

vdub12
02-20-2011, 08:28 AM
I just built a new Drupal site and during the course of getting everything to work I posted a few questions on some drupal sites. One was drupalextras.com

Anyway I was going though Google webmaster tools looking at my backlinks and I noticed a lot of these sites show up. I am sure this is old news to most SEO experts but I have only really been at it for about a year and I didn't notice how well forum posts affect backlinks.

FYI I have over 4500 backlinks from Technibble.com, lol.

vdub12
02-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I just saw something else that shocks me.

About 6 years ago I worked at a computer store in Sacramento. I lost my job there when they went out of business. Well about 3 months ago I noticed that there domain was no longer registered. So since I am a sentimental person I grabbed it and pointed it at my website. Well now I am getting backlinks from a website that has been down for years.

myPCTechs
02-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Cool, what's the URL of the formerly dead domain? Buying aged domains is a good SEO tactic. Depending on how long the actual site was down it may still have some quality backlinks.

vdub12
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Cool, what's the URL of the formerly dead domain? Buying aged domains is a good SEO tactic. Depending on how long the actual site was down it may still have some quality backlinks.

Its SouthPacificSystems.com

It was dead for about 3 to 5 years. The hosting has been dead for at least 6 years.