PDA

View Full Version : Asterix PBX

generalj
05-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I am interested in setting up my own Asterix PBX system for my small office.

The thing is all the cards needed to work with this seem to be quite spendy.

Does anyone know a cheap card that works with Asterix?

I don't need much, just one line into it and a few voip phones connected I think.

Something small utilizing voip.

GraemeP
05-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Openvox have some great cards get the ones that have the softecho key, i have found them to be just as good as the digium ones, Steer away from the X100P clone cards as you will have more trouble than there worth. You could add FXS modules onto the Openvox card and add some normal phones to the server
www.openvox.cn

ComputerLife
05-14-2008, 09:39 PM
You actually don't need a card at all. Download trixbox and install it on a dedicated machine, then go to junctionnetworks.com and signup for an account. They are pretty cheap. Tell em Phil sent you.

GraemeP
05-15-2008, 07:37 AM
He will need a FXO card if he wants to use the POTS line that all his customers all ready know, plus if your just relying on VOIP and your internet connection goes down no one will be able to call inbound or outbound.

i2omani
05-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Get/Buy an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) . google for free VOIP DIDs and the rest is easy.
Let me know if you need help setting up asterisk i have my own running ;)

Regards
Romani

generalj
05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Well this is what I want to do....

I have Vonage home plan right now. One number. I also have Vonage toll free number that they direct to the same phone line.

I want to have about 5 phones in a switch environment so I can setup call routing, voice mail boxes, and possibly an automated phone answering system for certain cases where no one is able to get the phone.

Small office usage type stuff.

I would like to port my current toll free number over to this new system as well. The regular number can change as long as the toll free can direct to it. I have not advertised the regular number so its not a big problem to lose it.

I was interested in IP phones to use in this system too. I noticed cisco had a decent looking ip phone for 80 or dollars.

I am anticipating about 20 calls a day. I will have two to three ppl available to answer these calls but they may be off site and be needing the call routed to their cell phone.