PDA

View Full Version : Thin clients

adam12
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey, just wondering how everyone is remotely supporting thin clients. I have logmein rescue and logmein itreach. Do you remote into a users session or just the terminal server?

Ccomp5950
02-12-2011, 12:06 AM
When I worked for a previous shop we had a business that worked off of Terminal services, the best way I figured to do it was to use the Terminal Services manager.

If you can't find it, it's usually tsadmin.exe

You right click on the session, and left click on remote control. Keep in mind that account settings may require permission or not allow remote control at all.

adam12
02-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I use logmein Central, I just found out that I can log into the terminal server, then click on options, and it will show me all active sessions, then I can click the session I want to manage. This is going to work great for me.

Ccomp5950
02-12-2011, 04:30 AM
THAT is nice.filler filler filler

Frank
02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
I use logmein Central, I just found out that I can log into the terminal server, then click on options, and it will show me all active sessions, then I can click the session I want to manage. This is going to work great for me.

You can also use the Task Manager's Users tab to remotely control sessions.

Make sure to configure the remote settings in the Terminal Services Configuration MMC.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/beastubn/TS_Configuration.png