PDA

View Full Version : payment for remote fix

lan101
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I've been doing some research as I am thinking about offering this as a service.

I recently saw on "callthatgirl" web site that a minimum of 32.50 will be charged. It also says this:

Payment of one hour or more may be secured using a credit card preauthorized using Paypal prior to the support call. You will see this as a charge on your credit card, but payment has not been completed until after the call is over.

I was just curious how the payment is not completed until the the work or call is over? Do they hold it for a certain amount of time, or if for some reason it doesn't work do a refund?

Thanks,

Landon

Robert
02-03-2011, 08:57 PM
That (I suspect) would be a pre-authorisation. You would need to speak to your bank/merchant facility to see if this can be enabled for your account.

Essentially you tell the customers bank to hold X amount, then you can either proceed with it as a payment or cancel it and it gets cleared back to the customers card. I believe there is a timeout but I'm not certain how long.

lan101
02-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah that makes sense.

I was thinking paypal more than likely would be the easiest/cheapest way for this.

Thanks

totalPCTechs
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I use chase for my credit card services. They allow me to put certain amounts on hold so if im weary of a customer I can put the first hour amount of hold, n then switch it to a sale a charge the rest aswell.

frase
02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Personally, I would only allow remote access services for known trusted customers.

lan101
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah that's kind of what I've been thinking about. It seems even with all the safeguards into place, it still would be easy for an unknown customer to screw you over if they wanted to.

callthatgirl
02-06-2011, 02:30 AM
No one has screwed us over yet, not even the skeevy ones that I thought would.

Usually we do pre-authorize for an hour, but not all the time. Sometimes we don't depends on the situation/issue, etc. Sometimes folks don't have internet due to a virus or they catch me on the road. I troubleshoot on the fly if I can handle it. Most pay on my website or pay via credit card, or they write a check and send it. We use Paypal and you can preauthorize, then grab the sale. We do a full charge for cleanings and viruses beforehand as we already know the charge.

Flat fee is nice with remotes.

Doing remote work is much easier if you have process and procedures done before you start doing them. I had to learn as I went though, I had no book to read on it or a list of procedures. Now I feel I have a solid foundation down, finally after 3.5 years lol

lan101
02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
awesome sounds good.

Thank you for the information. By the way your site is set up very nicely with where your procedure page is and client agreement form.

callthatgirl
02-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks Lan, I appreciate the kind words. So far it's been working great for us.

mein
02-21-2011, 06:09 AM
CTG: firstly thanks for all your great input to the forum, your experience and advice is a great help.

You mention that you preauthorise paypal payments - how does that work?

callthatgirl
02-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Where you would put in "sale" you can chose "Authorize"

My remote support ebook is about ready. Should be done tonight.

TimJacobs
02-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Where you would put in "sale" you can chose "Authorize"

My remote support ebook is about ready. Should be done tonight.

Is It Ready yet????

---------Filler Text--------

callthatgirl
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Here's the deal. I had another person review it and it needs just a few more tweeks. There are so many things to do with these types of books, that it really may never end on the editing (that is why you will get it in Word Doc, so you can edit for yourself or your team). I feel it's complete, but I have about an hour left to do on it to add in more remote tool info (such as other software) and payment stuff. Nothing critical.

If anyone wants to buy this version, I will for 2 weeks offer it at $75. Then, if you see tweeks you can let me know too or if you have anything you think I should add because it's missing. Then I will send you the final copy once it's done.

You can pay me via paypal info@callthatgirl.biz or here on this link (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=_sofFdHof4CMh6H3ea_FwXaqbFK3XJbJU4M6Z4oUYL UtAEQl_O8IbtMHLji&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b 7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081989d7b3fa81b7 8a538876be5242719f13f)

Thank you everyone for the support, I hope to see many people start doing remote, it's awesome:)

frenchscottie
02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Lisa
Could you give me an idea or preview page of the kind of things that will be in your Ebook.

callthatgirl
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Check out my signature and it is on my website.

I put it all there, the manops and remote support manual.

Thanks!