PDA

View Full Version : antivirus

italian
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
how do you guys feel about comodo internet security premium I'm finding all the same in google some like it and some don't I just would love to now from some one that has used it.

Xander
01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
how do you guys feel about comodo internet security premium I'm finding all the same in google some like it and some don't I just would love to now from some one that has used it.
Shouldn't all (or, at least, most) of those "some people" have already used it? Personally, I don't tend to give reviews of products I've not used.

Cadishead Computers
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM

Although I haven't used the full suite, I have used the av/fw combo. Personally I loved it, although the constant popups, were a tad annoying. One thing I loved about it, was the sandbox feature.

I also used to install it on all clients machines, then I was getting calls off them, saying should I accept this, or deny that.. so changed my installations to MSSE. So far no complaints, or comebacks.

MobileTechie
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Individual opinions on the efficacy of AV is all but worthless because one person's experience is statistically insignificant. You can only get useful opinions on ease of use and other features. On that point, personally I found it a little too complicated for the average user with too many decisions for them to make.

I don't believe it does all that well in virus detection tests but it does include other valuable security features that might well make up for that weakness. But I could be wrong. you'd need to get some lab data on it.

Anyway, these days I'm all about selling good AV not recommending free stuff.

Cadishead Computers
01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Anyway, these days I'm all about selling good AV not recommending free stuff.

How are you getting on with the sales of AV's MT??, I've been pushing kaspersky, (link on my site), for ages, but no one has taken the bite yet. Which one(s), are you selling?

Do you also try and upsell a spyware package, ie mbam, or sas, if so how are those sales going?

MobileTechie
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
How are you getting on with the sales of AV's MT??, I've been pushing kaspersky, (link on my site), for ages, but no one has taken the bite yet. Which one(s), are you selling?

Do you also try and upsell a spyware package, ie mbam, or sas, if so how are those sales going?

I fairly consistently sell Kaspersky and/or SAS to users who bring their PC to me with a virus. Either they didn't have an AV at all and clearly need one, or they had McAfee....and clearly need a better one. Some people can't part with their current AV because they just paid for the year, in which case they are open to SAS as an additional layer.

I sell both products at a pretty decent discount from the RRP and I strongly believe in their effectiveness so I think it's quite attractive to someone who has just realised how easy and expensive it is to get infected.

I'm yet to get a PC, on which I've installed KIS, back in infected with a virus. I don't guarantee it's 100% because nothing is but either I've been lucky or it's working out for most people. Funnily enough I got a call back from a client this week for a laptop I'd removed a fake AV from. Initially I thought this was the first infection to get past KIS on a client's machine. But as it turned out, they'd not taken me up on that offer so unfortunately it's cost them another cleanup bill.

MrUnknown
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM

YOU need to sell it, pointing them to a link on your site won't do anything. I just sold a license because a client of mine said they would purchase it and call me back to have me come back out and finish some work for them and install the AV. That was about 2 weeks ago. I called them back and offered to take care of it all, told them a price and landed the sale.

You'll get more buying it and reselling it too. It can be had off Amazon for $25 or so. In the past month I have sold 5 licenses and made at least $30 each time.