PDA

View Full Version : [Want To Buy] MSI U130 UK keyboard

TLE
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I bought a MSI Wind U130 netbook from Ebay which the owner thought was bricked. Turns out they had updated the BIOS incorrectly and it would no longer boot. It arrived and I have sorted the BIOS out and have a great little Netbook which I want to keep. However there are a few keys which are basically hanging off so a new keyboard is required.

If anyone has one for sale, or knows where I can buy one please let me know. I have searched ebay and the net and nobody seems to have any. I also contacted MSI and they basically said search the net as they cannot supply one. It must be a UK version though.

Thanks

TLE

frenchscottie
01-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Just a thought, but maybe the U110/U120 keyboards the same or even the same style of key and hinge thingy. I see there is a few for sale - some for only 14

TLE
01-29-2011, 08:37 AM
I wondered the same thing frenchscottie, but it appears that the ribbon on the rear of the keyboard needs to be longer on the U130. As it happens I managed ot get one from a French company, never heard of them, and I had to pay a little more than I wanted, but still means I have a cheap netbook. I just can't get used to the tiny keboard :)

Again, thanks for the suggestion :)

frenchscottie
01-29-2011, 11:52 AM
No problem...........................