PDA

View Full Version : Non Technical "Website of the week"

Bumper Bender
05-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Since i opened my new shop i've been thinking of putting a "Web site of the week" up on my site also putting the site on a blackboard out front or an LCD in the window e.t.c problem being the range of sites out their and finding good legitmate ones sooo!

If Technibble were to put a website of the week up then all members could suggest non techie sites to add and then all members could also just use the "website of the week" from technibble for their own stores/sites

A site suggestion would go something like this
www.thesilverfern.com = A great NZ rugby orientated site/forum offering "awful analysis, incorrect conclusions, zero insight, wrong about pretty much everything really"

or
www.mp3car.com = Want to put your PC into your ride then mp3car.com is your starting place, lots of how to's + pics of custom installs including dash modification to PSU conversions.

obviously there would need to be some regulation so we don't get
www.thepczone.co.nz = The only computer shop to go to in New Zealand to buy quality gear and the only computer techs that should be let near computers in the universe! (MY Web Site:)) or a website that is dishonest or has misleading content or contains virus e.t.c

Well what do the members here think?

Jura
05-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Have to consider that not everyone here is into that kind of stuff and that we're from different parts of the world. People who visit here and aren't members yet wouldn't think much of such also.

Bryce W
05-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I dont think we'll be doing this. If we did do anything like this, it would be TECHNICAL site of the week.

There are many other sites that have similar links to non technician sites. I want Technibble to stick to what its really good at and be the best at what it does, rather than a weak portal site.

Bumper Bender
05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Fair enough i was obviously looking to make life easier for myself and i do know of other sites to get the info from

Feel free to delete this thread