PDA

View Full Version : American without TV

Jura
04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Unless you count DVDs or anime, I don't watch TV shows. I don't have a television. How can an American not own a TV?

focuz
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a TV for like 2 shows I watch and thats it. There isn't any cable hooked up or anything.

RKDus
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I have a TV only for watching football. If there is a show Ilike I just download it (legally of course ;)). Most of what's on TV is unwatchable shite anyway.

Blues
04-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I have a TV which I hook my PS3 and Media Center too and I do have digital hd cable but meh 75% or more I watch on DVD, Blu-Ray, or downloads to my media center. Many of the downloads are TV shows which just don't fit into my schedule.

thecoldone06
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a TV which I hook my PS3 and Media Center too and I do have digital hd cable but meh 75% or more I watch on DVD, Blu-Ray, or downloads to my media center. Many of the downloads are TV shows which just don't fit into my schedule.

Where do you download the TV shows from?

geekhelp4u
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Are you kidding me... I could not live without TV! Besides the obvious of football, there is so much to be seen on tv these days! Don't believe me? Next time you turn your TV on, you might find yourself stuck in front of it for Hours just like me! Here is how...

Only use the following channels:

History
History 2
Military
Discovery
Discovery 2
TruTV (used to be court TV) has outrageous shows and shows like Cops

G4 - same as above, ignore most of their computer shows... they have kids on them that talk about playing games and hacking their pagers!

Speed - I like their shows like Pinks
ESPN (ALL OF THEM)
SPIKE - Boxing and MMA
VS - Outdoor channel - hunting, guns, etc....
AMC - Plays old movies all day long.. IE... Ferris Bueller is on right now

and occasionally

A&E has some good shows
The weather channel has some good documentaries!

MHCG
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
My TV is pretty much always on either the Discovery Channel or the Science Channel. Occasionally I'll switch to Comedy Central if there's a good standup or NBC to watch The Office.

weseal
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
geekhelp4u, i watch nearly the same channel line up as you. I totally agree with G4.

Fred_G
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
LOL, I got a 27" Trinitron with rabit ears... I get 1 or 2 channels depending on the weather or something. Will have to get satellite or something for football season later this year!

E

Jura
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
geekhelp4u, all the shows and channels you mentioned would bore me so badly. Maybe it's because I only watch anime and any form of entertainment that isn't related to anime and manga feels weird to me.

04-29-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm kind of a strange one when it comes to TV. I own a nice hdtv for gaming (pc and console), but I don't have cable so I never watch any programming, aside from the occasional news broadcast in the morning (for weather and traffic).
My parents, on the other hand, never turn their tv off.... When I visit with them, I always find myself asking "You PAY to watch this garbage?"

Nathan H
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
As a family man I couldnot see life with out our TV's

(Got 3 Kids)

We are not total TV aholics, we do like reading, board games etc..

But we live in the year 2008 not 1808.....

JimmyW
05-09-2008, 04:13 AM
I only have a TV because of my wife. If not for her I wouldnt even own one. Jimmy

gunslinger
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Pretty much the exact line up that geekhelp4u has. The exception being G4, when they bought out Tech TV they took out all the good shows. Pissed me off for months, still does. The only really good tech station on tv and they had to screw it up.

Blues
05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Pretty much the exact line up that geekhelp4u has. The exception being G4, when they bought out Tech TV they took out all the good shows. Pissed me off for months, still does. The only really good tech station on tv and they had to screw it up.

TechTV was a Tech station G4 is a Geek station some would call it a gamer station but I am a gamer not as avid as I once was but still don't think its great for a gamer. The shows they kept went downhill in quality the shows they added were never of quality and the shows they tossed were the best stuff they had.